Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a few PM's and emails on what bolt I used in place of the hole when I took out my self valve out of the stock mid pipe.
Here are the pics...

Here is what it looks like out of the mid pipe..

Here is what it looks like on the inside diameter, you can see how flush it fits.

And here is the bolt that I used. Just a washer and nut on the back and it fits perfect

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
do you know the size and thread pitch of that bolt? it would help with buying one since I don't have one lying around... also, how did you take the butterfly valve out in the first place?

·
Premium Member
41,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I dont know the size off hand. Just measure the hole size and then head to the store. There are no to many of those bolts for a spacific size. I used my dremel to cut out the weld on the little screws on the butterfly. Hope this helps

·
Registered
915 Posts
thats not a bad idea, i was just going to jb weld mine...i like this better though

Off to the hardware store!

·
Premium Member
41,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of the wire you need to take out or cut from the ECU. Its the connection on the right (as if your sitting on the bke). You can see the orange looking hole where the was was. Once you take that out the FI code will not come up...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here is a pic of the wire you need to take out or cut from the ECU. Its the connection on the right (as if your sitting on the bke). You can see the orange looking hole where the was was. Once you take that out the FI code will not come up...

What is the colour of the wire?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts