Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm noob as he'll. I can't even really ride yet. I was buying my bike from a friend of mine and he borrowed it 1 night and brought it ba k with clutch problems you know we had an understanding with each other that you break it you fix it rhat wasn't the problem. The problem is he went to jail before he had a chance to get it fixed. And I'm on a tight income and am still learning how to work on bikes so I had someone take a look at it who said they knew bikes and next thing I know they bailed on me and I'm left with them telling me I need a new clutch cable. Ok but the problem is that after telling me this I went to look at my bike only to find that he hadn't even put the right screws back in the right spots and this
Rim Automotive tire Bicycle part Auto part Machine

Now I don't know much but I guess it's time to learn. I didn't want to start taking things apart until I got some real advice so like my title says please HELP!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,396 Posts
I want to be sure that I've got this right:

You're a noob
You're learning to ride
You're learning how to fix bikes
You bought a bike from someone who is now in jail
You're tight on money
The clutch is acting up
You got someone to look at it and they screwed things up/broke things
The bike is a 1000

This is screaming FAIL. The first thing to do is prepare your will. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to be sure that I've got this right:

You're a noob
You're learning to ride
You're learning how to fix bikes
You bought a bike from someone who is now in jail
You're tight on money
The clutch is acting up
You got someone to look at it and they screwed things up/broke things
The bike is a 1000

This is screaming FAIL. The first thing do do is prepare your will. Or am I missing something?
Yeah that's about the just of it. I'm pretty good at learning on the fly tho when it comes to another of things.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
welp, as mentioned, get the service manual and then you will have to replace said fubared parts, adjuster, nut and retainer,not too expensive no more than fiddy I would say.. inspect everything else and measure everything is within tolerance, replace any that are not..

you can find the replacement parts on ronayers, follow the service manual to the tee assembling and adjusting, tore it up, why?

more importantly find a new group of friends, one borrows your bike beats the dog hair off'n it then goes to jail so he cannot fix it?

then another friend gets into the clutch, jacks it all up then bails? WTF?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts