Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 04 gsxr 750 I noticed one night that my brake light was staying on wouldn't shut off I looked at both front and rear switches couldn't get them to shut off I turned the key on and off the light shut off well I didn't mess with it for a day or two and threw a cheap battery tender on it figuring it was probably ran down well yesterday I went to change the key lock cylinder (I couldn't get the factory screws out) so didn't get that done but I went ahead and cleaned her up let the battery charge all day re installed the battery and got nothing at all I put my jump box on it and it turned on like normal but continued to prime the engine so im confused I think the battery is completely dead so the charger didn't charge it its it's a tender but im confused as to why it keeps priming any ideas

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,601 Posts
First, put a new battery in it and go from there.

Second, next time the brake light sticks on, unplug the front sensor or the rear sensor and see if it goes out when you unplug one or the other. If you have aftermarket brake levers, start with the front. Common for them not to fully return.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,551 Posts
No, first, please try to post in the correct forum. This isn't 'general bike talk'.

Moved.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts