Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 2005 GSXR 600. About two weeks ago while riding down the street it suddenly shut off. Rpms are stuck at 4,000 battery or not. The only lights that work are my neutral light and exterior lights. Itll try to crank over but wont start. Fuel bump wont make a noise and like I said no lights on my speedometer. I have 13xxx on it and it hasn't given me a problem till now. Waste told stator and rectifier possibly went out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
***k5 gsxr 600***

So I have 2005 GSXR 600. About two weeks ago while riding down the street it suddenly shut off. Rpms are stuck at 4,000 battery or not. The only lights that work are my neutral light and exterior lights. Itll try to crank over but wont start. Fuel bump wont make a noise and like I said no lights on my speedometer. I have 13xxx on it and it hasn't given me a problem till now. As told stator and rectifier possibly went out. Please help me !
Please help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey appreciate it! I found the problem! Thank you again! This website is honestly a life saver!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my fuel fuse is what went bad. It's a 10 but I replaced and went for a ride and about 3 hours later it did the same thing so I changed it again and put a 15 on it but now after my bike warms up my fuel pump shuts off ?? I dont know I'm at a loss again currently replacing my fuel pump to see if that helps. I'll keep yall updated for sure.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So my fuel fuse is what went bad. It's a 10 but I replaced and went for a ride and about 3 hours later it did the same thing so I changed it again and put a 15 on it but now after my bike warms up my fuel pump shuts off ?? I dont know I'm at a loss again currently replacing my fuel pump to see if that helps. I'll keep yall updated for sure.
Sounds like you need to trace your wiring to find a short. Plugging in a higher rated fuse just allows something to happen longer that that the blowing fuse is trying to bring to your attention. Your bike is screaming "hey, fix this" and you are putting your hand over its mouth and plugging your ears.

·
Registered
242 Posts
+1 ^ By replacing with a larger fuse you are possibly creating a fire hazard!
Do you have a copy of the manual?
There are tests for the fuel pump that might help you narrow it down instead of just throwing parts at the problem.
But it does sound like your pump might be having problems and causing the fuse to pop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
tsonksen
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing