Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 gsxr 600 that will not turn over it has a new battery all the lights work. The starter turns fine but doesn't turn the motor over. It rolls fine in neural but hardly will roll in gear. The guy I bought it off of said he put a clutch in it. Did he mess it up or am I missing something else.

·
Super Moderator
15,111 Posts
Wrong forum. Read forum descriptions, Non motorcyle related posts only in Anything Goes. I'm moving it to the 04 600/750 section. But please go to the "starting line" forum and introduce yourself. Welcome to GDC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check easy stuff first. If the starter motor spins, and it sounds like it’s spinning fast, it’s probably good. Make sure it’s fully inserted into the housing, and has 2 bolts on the ass end securing it to the cases. Second, there are 3 covers on the clutch side (right side if you’re sitting on the bike) the big one covers the clutch, the medium one is at the crank, the small one is where the starter clutch is. Take that one carefully off. There’s a gear in there, a center hub pin, and some washers. Either get the service manual, or just look at a parts diagram. Are all the parts in there and in the correct locations? Lastly, you might wind up taking the clutch cover off, draining the oil, and making sure dude put it all together properly. It does sound like something ain’t right with the starter gear though. Please post what you find!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Daddygrrrrr
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing