Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Yosh EMS! To make a long story short: I just purchased my bike and the guy gave me a EMS for it that he had not installed yet. I have installed the box but am unsure of the map that is in it. The bike seems to run really rich! I have gone to the Yosh website and tried to figure out how to extract the maps there but my computer will not pull them up! It says I have to have a software disk that originally came with this box. Unfortunately the previous owner purchased the control unit used and did not get the cables or software. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Did you try to call Yosh? A friend of mine has a Yosh box and he calls Yosh tells them the mods on the bike and they give him the settings. What mods are on the bike? I may be able to ask him what the settings are so you can put them in. He has told me the settings are on the rich side. On the other had how does everybody feel about the Yosh box? The reason I ask is because that buddy with the yosh box tuned a bike then the bikes owner took it in to the dealer and told them he had it yosh boxed. They ragged the yosh box out and said Tekka was so awesome so on so on. How do they compare?

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Talking about two different things here..... EMS is a pc-3, the YAFMS (yosh box) is another beast. It allows adjustment to the ECU and then is removed.

Teka -vs- YB.....well Marc would have you think that only his products are the best in the world...... bottom line, each has its place. What you really need is a tuner that can get the most out of your bike no matter what type of aftermatket tuning device is used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts