Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
are you guys kiddin me.....not one person knows this? people would rather know what srad really means.... instead of putting a better swingarm on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
first of all you did not mention if it's a 600 or 750 second you need to specify what swing arm you want to install and 3rd of all if it's a 750 the swing arm is more then strong enough

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
ya, we need more info. I don't know what bike you've got and what swingarm you want to install...

I have an 02 750 swingarm on my 99 750. That requires a longer chain by 2 links, and you'd need to remove the shock spacer (big washer in the upper shock bolt) to lower it cus the new swingarm will raise the back a bit. I have an adjustable fox-shock so it was easy for me to adjust it...

That procedure will work for installing any GSXR 1000 or newer 750 swingarm to an SRAD... if you just want an SRAD 750 swingarm on an SRAD 600 then it's a straight swap...

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
yes it is longer, not sure exactly how much, but just long enough to require 2 extra links... so that means that you can look at it like one extra link on top and one on the bottom, so it's about the length of one link longer (approximatly one inch)
however the axil gets adjusted too so it's not exact...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts