Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Help with sensor oil.

433 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Kurtix 
#1 ·
Good brothers! One doubt that I have if someone would help me ... the motorcycle has a pressure switch engine oil, well, this only if I'm not wrong is activated if it reaches a certain pressure both high and low and activates the oil pilot ? The ECU does not read the oil pressure? All this doubt comes to that I have mounted a dash Aim Strada Street Legal but the data of the ECU only gives me to 3000 rpm 1 bar of pressure, what I do not have clear if to more revolutions should increase the oil pressure? There is something that does not fit me ... because that pressure switch that reading should give in mVolts or Ohm? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
The standard switch just a switch that opens when the pressure reaches a set point, maybe 4 psi. If you can somehow read the pressure, the pressure switch has been replaced by a pressure sensor and anything is possible. Find out exactly what you have. 1 bar at 3000 RPM is on the low side but acceptable for a 1000. Not sure about 600/750 but I'm guessing that it's the same. If you don't know what the sensor specs are, hook up a pressure gauge to the oil gallery and find out what the pressure really is.

#3 ·
Thanks BillV for your response! As it is the sensor that carries the 750 k7 series I think it is simply a switch as you say it opens at 4 bar and turns on the oil light. What I do not know exactly where the ECU of the motorcycle gets that value of 1 bar that gives me the dash Aim Strada. If that value is really symbolic and you are not doing that reading I will see if I can change the sensor and put one really if you read the oil pressure.

#4 ·
4 psi not 4 bar

The ECM doesn't know anything about the oil pressure. That information only goes from the switch or sensor to the dash. It should be easy to locate the sensor and its wiring as they should stand out from the Suzuki wiring unless the installer really knows his stuff.

AiM probably specifies what sensor should be used with their dash, includes information on how to interface the dash with various sensors, or provides a sensor with the dash. It should be spelled out in the owner manual.

#5 ·
Thanks again BillV, exact, the only information received by the original odometer is the operture of the sensor when it exceeds 4 psi, so I do not understand how one of the data read by the Aim protocol is the oil pressure ... but good , I have already asked Aim for a specific sensor for them to read the oil pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.