Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help with rockets on an \'88 1100...

Okay, so a friend of mine was talking about putting military-grade jet rockets on a motorcycle, and that got me to thinking...why spend 1.7 million dollars on rockets to put on the bike and have all kinds of weight problems, when you can affix some bottle rockets on the thing, have a low weight, and only spend about $10.00?

anyone done this before? I'm a bit confused on where I should put the rocket ignition switch, and also what to do about the final burnout (which causes the rockets to explode). I don't wanna get soot on my plastics...also, would a staggered burn be better/more efficient than just burning them all at the same time???

-phreak

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Re: Help with rockets on an \'88 1100...

certainly on a bang-for-buck rating,bottle rockets do seem the best option, but a word of caution: never (and I mean never) go back to a lit firework. This means of course means that once you light the bottle rocket, you will need to abandon your bike where you left it. Could get expensive, suddenly those army surplus JATO's don't seem so overpriced.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts

Why not use a gas turbine. JATOs are a one time deal. At least with a turbine you could use it over and over. Besides, they don't weigh that much.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

Actually, I was thinking of making a turbine from an old Holset turbo off a truck, then running it through an epicyclic gearbox to a hydraulic pump, then using hydraulics to give motive power. I reckon I could shake up Robot Wars with something like that, use the afterburner as a weapon

I'm not joking either.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts

I say hell yeah!
Just don't get ones with war heads intact. You might not like the end product

jontflesh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts