Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pingel duel race valve for the 86 750, anyone know which way the offset on the adapter goes? To the front, or to the rear?
Thanks

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
If you're riding along and you run out of fuel...you did it wrong...

Didn't it come with installation instructions?

Maybe Mr Gixxer knows...Pingle gave him a free setup.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
I wonder which way it goes too

probably so that the valve is farther forward to give you more clearance?

just bolt it on loose and give it a try to see what's best

you got the dual out no reserve?

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The Adapeter is reverseble if you clearance the tank center hole a little bit With the offset to the front it fit when my 88 was a 750 (1 year) but when I put the 1100 motor in it the On/Off lever hit the LH head oil feed line. When I turned it around it moved it adout 10mm to the rear and BINGO! no more burned fingers.
Bones
Also if you order a assembly they say you can only get one with no "reserve" but if you order the adapter you can use a valve with reserve.
Bones

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's. I bought the one listed for my bike in their parts book. Maybe I should return it & get one with reserve. I just figured I would watch my milage & gas up every 100 miles or so.
I will put the valve off set to the front, if there is a clearance problem I'll turn it around

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
[QB]If you're riding along and you run out of fuel...you did it wrong...

Didn't it come with installation instructions?

Yes it did come with instructions, but it does'nt tell you which direction the offset goes. I just thought you guy's could save me from trial & error.

It's no big deal to turn it around

1 - 6 of 6 Posts