Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my first street motorcycle made by Suzuki but have owned dirt bikes made by Suzuki and I’m have two problems and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so how do you fix it. Leaking Gas from the overflow tubes at random times and first gear! It’s like taking off at turtle speed or you stall out. Dealer said the sun was causing the overflow and of course they could get the bike to do the horrible slow grinding take off.

Any help here would be awesome...

I’m new to the forum so hi everyone and thank you if you took the time to read and answer the questions. I’m new to the Gsxxr world but have been riding since I was six and I have never had the issues I’m having now. When did the sun start causing bikes problems?

Thank
Mark

·
Registered
184 Posts
So you are having two problems? One, fuel is leaking out of the overflow. Two, the bike is stalling?

If you have a FULL tank, the sun causes the fuel to heat and expand. Solution, stop filling the tank so full. You may also have a clogged or inoperative vent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes two issues and the sun isn’t one of them. I haven’t overfilled my tank and have made sure not to do that so I wouldn’t get comments like don’t over fill your tank.
I’m not trying to be a smart tale here I’m looking for real answers.

First issue is gas leaking from over flow valve tubes. Owned a lot of motorcycles and this is the first one that has leaked unless something was wrong or the bike was turned over. If it’s the heat and sun then this bike will have to go bc it is overflowing when the bike is almost empty too.

Second issue is that you have to take off very slow bc if I let the clutch out and get on it the bike stalls or if sounds Ike the gear is grinding. If this just how the 2019 model is then I’ll start off like a 🐢.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would lift the tank and check the plumbing for starters. Make sure all the hoses are where they should be with no sharp bends or squished spots. Or keep taking it back to Suzuki till its fixed. This is probably the best bike Suzuki builds and possibly the best sportbike overall. What yours is doing is NOT normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would lift the tank and check the plumbing for starters. Make sure all the hoses are where they should be with no sharp bends or squished spots. Or keep taking it back to Suzuki till its fixed. This is probably the best bike Suzuki builds and possibly the best sportbike overall. What yours is doing is NOT normal.
Thank you Beeboy! I didn’t think so either and took it to have a second opinion done today and they asked me how old was the bike and When I told them 3 weeks they said no way that is being caused due to over heating and the have are with ways to relieve this pressure. He said if you over feel it lean it on a hill you could get overflow but it’s not normal. Told me to bring it back if I see it again and he’ll open a claim with Suzuki.

So I paid 340 for a oil change and a good cleaned chain at my 600 miles visit. Clutch was lose, back brakes need adjusted, chain was to tight and to top it off they broke the plastic piece on the tank and failed to put the fairing back together correctly..

If you live in Ga stay away from mountain motor sports out of Buford. Man I hate bending over bc this hurt!

·
Registered
231 Posts
What year is this bike?
You've only owned it for 3 weeks, but already hit 600 miles? That's a fair bit of riding. LOL
I would definitely stay on top of the dealer. Sounds like he sold you a problem...
Do they have a 'lemon law' in GA?

·
Registered
184 Posts
600 miles in 3 weeks is a lot of riding? lmao
I have owned my '18 for right at a year and have 7,500 miles on it. I have been pleased with it other than the intake noise and poor fueling at low RPM.
I would get that claim opened. Something is not right and you should not have to pay to get it corrected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man I hate to hear problems out of a new bike. I have a 19 as well but mine is a 600. That said the clutch friction zone is very close to the bar...like you barely let out the clutch at all and it wants to move. Nothing like that though. I got used to it in 10 minutes or so. If you are sitting still and slowy let off the clutch does the bike roll on its own? I'd say that it should. If it doesn't you probably have a problem but if you bought it new from them I'd think they'd have to make it right for you.
As far as the fuel, never had that issue. Just sounds weird on a brand new bike. Good luck though dude. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update
It’s a 2019 bike bought it on August 17th and i took it in to get the 600 mile service and they ended up charging me $347 to change my oil and clean the chain and said since they didn’t see it leak that it is overheating in the sun. So they ripped me off bc the lady the night before said everything Suzuki wants done on the first visit would take 2 1/2 hours. They spent 45 mins on the bike and never looked at the leak. Long story as to how I know those facts and I won’t bore ya with them. To top it off they scratch the fairing up pretty bad and didn’t even put it back together right. So I still have the leak and nothing was adjusted so it rides like crap now. Took it to get a second opinion and they laughed when I told them about the sun causing the leak. So I got a leaky bike and is in worse shape than it was before I took it in. I filed a complaint and it took them maybe 10 mins for the general manger to call me. If he does what he says I might get this thing fixed. Dream bike has been nothing but a nightmare so far. Sorry for the long vent and thank you for reply to help me out!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Best of luck. I wouldn't let a dealership touch my bike unless it is free warranty repair. Buy a service manual and fend for yourself. Nobody cares about your bike and safety more than you do!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
600 miles in 3 weeks is a lot of riding? lmao
I have owned my '18 for right at a year and have 7,500 miles on it. I have been pleased with it other than the intake noise and poor fueling at low RPM.
I would get that claim opened. Something is not right and you should not have to pay to get it corrected.
Best of luck. I wouldn't let a dealership touch my bike unless it is free warranty repair. Buy a service manual and fend for yourself. Nobody cares about your bike and safety more than you do!
I have learned a very valuable lesson with all this that is for sure and looking for a book so I can do my own work and still keep the warranty. Thank you for that tip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Mlee77
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing