Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gsxr 1000 l3 (2013)
6000miles

My gsxr splutters if i take it over 8k rpm...

It eventually makes it to the top of the rpm range with some spluttering and hesitation.

Checked plugs and fuel filter all seems ok
Going to run some injector cleaner tomorrow.

Is there anything else i should check?

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,944 Posts
Run a fuel flow test, followed by a fuel pressure test.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ckeaned the sparkplugs and filter...neither seemed dirty but its running ok now..ive added some injector cleaner just incase...i will take it for a propper test tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I changed my clutches in my 2013 gsxr1000 now it's making a noise like it dropped a value it's never been road hard only has 4K miles on it was fine before I changed the clutches I put everything back the way it came out i am so lost because I have done clutches before so it's not my first time I don't know what to do

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I changed my clutches in my 2013 gsxr1000 now it's making a noise like it dropped a value it's never been road hard only has 4K miles on it was fine before I changed the clutches I put everything back the way it came out i am so lost because I have done clutches before so it's not my first time I don't know what to do
:facepalm
Start your own thread

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,944 Posts
Maybe start a new thread after you take everything apart and reassemble it properly, since you clearly did something wrong. And drain the oil so you can see if you dropped a part in the case.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Battery??? To the OP....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gsxr 1000 l3 (2013)
6000miles

My gsxr splutters if i take it over 8k rpm...

It eventually makes it to the top of the rpm range with some spluttering and hesitation.

Checked plugs and fuel filter all seems ok
Going to run some injector cleaner tomorrow.

Is there anything else i should check?
[/QUOTE

Did you ever find a fix?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,222 Posts
^He hasn't been here since his two posts three years ago. Other things are possible but Just_Nick's #2 post, particularly the flow test, was probably where the problem was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
^He hasn't been here since his two posts three years ago. Other things are possible but Just_Nick's #2 post, particularly the flow test, was probably where the problem was.
I’m having the same symptoms I have a 2013 gsxr 1000
Yoshi slip on
Pcv
I have re adjusted tps
Took pcv off and still the same
Did a fuel flow and pressure test got little below spec on flow test. Did a psi test and it was around 34 psi. I replace the pump and the strainer retested and all is well in spec but still having the same issues. Replace my plugs as well.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,222 Posts
"Yoshi slip on"
Does that mean that your catalytic converter is still there? If so, the EXCVA may not be opening. Kinked fuel line?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts