Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is the last time i am going to post this i have put a few diff places and no one ever gives a good answer out of all of us with the same kind of bikes my buddy's bike cant be the only one that has ever done this

ok so the bike was layed down pretty hard id say at about 40 mostly plastics and things like that broke shifter and peg and few other small things so he was lucky but now the bike starts but the CHEC light stays on no matter what its not the kickstand sensor which is what we thought at first cause it will run in gear and start in gear with the it up

SO ne idea would be appreciated ?
last bit of the parts coming in like a day so we wanna get this bike back on the road but kinda hesitant to run with that light on

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
alright so after reading some of the other post here i figured out taht i prob wont get a serious answer but if any of u do know nething please give a serious answer i even read the service manual

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Your bike is playing psychological warfare with you.

The CHEC light is your bike's way of saying "Check-Mate" --- that means he has you by the balls, and there is nothing you can do about it. At this point you are losing the mind game.

You can take some electric tape and tape it over the CHEC light -- that will help ease the psychological pressure on you.

·
Premium Member
26,407 Posts
I'm figuring that this is his first real bike and he tried to do a stand up out of the dealer's parking lot on brand new tires to impress the receptionist who was wearing a thong and he looped it the first 10 minutes he had it. In that case the "check" is displayed to indicate an error code of c99, which if you look this up in the service manual will indicate an error caused by the "Too Large Of A Squid On Board" sensor being activated. The only way to cure this is to sell the bike and purchase a bike more suitable to his skills, say a Honda 250 Rebel. With sissy bar,of course.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you have the service manual you will see that the engine is monitored by numerous sensors. A problem with any of these will cause the check light to come on. The most obvious one to check if the bike was dropped is the tip over sensor This unit is a safety measure and will cut the engine if the bike is dropped. On the SRAD 750 the tip over sensor is inside the seat cowling left side. Check the manual for the location on your bike. If it is not this sensor work your way through the other sensors, starting with the units that are located near the damaged area on the bike. Good luck, electrical problems are the pits.

·
Premium Member
26,407 Posts
If you have the service manual you will see that the engine is monitored by numerous sensors. A problem with any of these will cause the check light to come on. The most obvious one to check if the bike was dropped is the tip over sensor This unit is a safety measure and will cut the engine if the bike is dropped. On the SRAD 750 the tip over sensor is inside the seat cowling left side. Check the manual for the location on your bike. If it is not this sensor work your way through the other sensors, starting with the units that are located near the damaged area on the bike. Good luck, electrical problems are the pits.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!! Oh, I'm sorry, the correct answer is "I don't know what I'm talking about in this forum yet becaue I'm a noOb, I didn't read the rules and haven't hit the 250 post mark yet." That's a deduction of 15 IQ points and a flogging from Hotrod. Now on to the Lightning Round.......

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The squid farm is for serious answers only!!! Why would you post something like that .... the guy is looking for help, for god's sake. This is not a joking matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.