Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing I can think that is common to these two pots is the fuel pipe that supplies their corresponding carbs. Check it's not blocked, or that some crap in it hasn't blocked these 2 carbs. Might also be worth striping down the fuel tap, as the outlet to 3/4 carbs may be blocked.
Can't be ignition, as these 2 pots are sparked from seperate coils, so I think it's got to be fuel orientated.
Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Steve

[ 06-09-2002, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: TorF3 ]

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Now the problem seems to be with cylinder 4 mainly. I adjusted the valves, checked the fuel, but I know I am missing something. Any more ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I'm no pro at this at all. But I did trial and error and switched my float needles with one of the other cylinders that was know to be firing. I found that this made the cylinder that wasn't firing at the time to fire and the other not too. Now I just need to buy the needles and see if this fixes the problem. I know it requires you to take time and pull the carburetors extra times. But it helped me. Let me know if you find the same thing I did.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
quick and easy way to check for spark is remove the plug, connect the wire to the plugand make sure the thread of the plug is touching the chassis and start the bike. you should be able to see the plug spark. if the plug is sparking fine then you may have a fuel prob. I'd say try to swap the fuel line going to 1&2 with the line Going to 3&4. then you've narrowed it down to the carbs or something much worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts