Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help w/ \'04 600 Track Setup

The first trackday of the season was last Saturday - I installed a set of 208GPA's and left the my suspension the same from the previous year when I ran street tires. I've read that you need to raise the rear 4-7mm to acount for the new tire diameter.

Now here's my question: When going down the straights, my front end felt very unstable and twitchy - By raising the rear, will that stabilize the front tire? or do i need to adjust the front suspension as well?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Re: Help w/ \'04 600 Track Setup

the 208 gp rear is taller than your street tires-which raised the rear & made the bike feel unstable-if you want to regain stability-raise your forks to where they are flush w/ the top triple & see how that feels-if its too stable & hard to turn in-drop the forks 2mm at a time until its feels good

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks sweeney - my next track day is on the 15th, so i will give it a try.

i'm also going to change out the oil in my dampner with a little heavier weight. hopefully that will prevent a potential tankslapper.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

I run gpa's 180 rear and my suspension is 6.5mm rear lift and the front forks are 7mm of silver part sticking out of the top triple clamp. I love this set up. Traxxion front forks and stock shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.