Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've identified most of the extra's/mods on my 1000 k1 but this front M/C has me stumped.

Can anyone give me more info on it from these pictures? Help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Never seen that before...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never seen that before...
Bikes a Canadian import so it may have originated there before it came to the UK (at 6 months old).

I've googled the hell out of "FD" and "DF" master cylinder to no avail. I resorted to trawling through pages of M/C's on ebay and taobao (chinese ebay type of thing), still found nothing.

I don't think it's some cheap chinese tat as it feels and appears pretty well made.

While I suppose I don't need to know what it is it will bug the hell out of me until I identify it!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,840 Posts
Here's some more pics. The FD logo seems to have changed to a circle-D, which may be an indication of the age of the part. A major question is what is the bore diameter - and have your calipers also been changed. Discacciati has a web site (in Italian) but they don't seem to be interested in quality pics of their products. Here's a nine year old pic showing the newer(?) logo:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A major question is what is the bore diameter - and have your calipers also been changed.
19mm, never had a radial M/C on any of my previous bikes so know very little about them. Calipers are the standard 6 pots. I have a set of 4 pot nissins from a 1998 blade currently on my old ZZR and am tempted to try them on the GSXR as I've never had anything but problems riding all year on bikes using various Tokicos.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,840 Posts
^The service manual indicates that the OEM bore was 15.8915 mm. A 19 mm MC would be 43% stiffer. I'm not familiar with the K1/K2 details but if it's like K5-K8, the OEM configuration is already too stiff. There's a fair chance that a 14 mm MC would move things into the optimum range. That was a common size used by Yamaha. You might be able to find a cheap used MC to see how it feels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts