Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
will the 750 tranny will be geared differently? higher 6th gear is it? something like this.. drive sprockets can be manipulated to make up for gearing
I've glanced over a little bit back and I believe the first couple years are higher. What do you mean drive sprockets can be manipulating, you mean the actual rear sprocket on the chain...? Ok I see .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So just took it out for a ride that first washer outside of the clutch basket was a little worn I replaced it... The steel disc that's thick was in the wrong spot switch that... And changed the basket and pressure plate although to be honest my pressure plate and looked pretty much the same as far as depletion. I was quite honestly about to try the XY model double steel plate like Craig Fer suggested but I figured to just run it in stock as possible. It's getting better but that gurgling throttle/ violent jerk in between 4 and 6 g is still there like I'm not even getting close.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
I'm questioning your "a. and b." as in the 2.3 and 2.6 are the steel disc measurements specifically? The 2.6 being the one thicker disc? Please confirm or elaborate.
Yes 2.6mm steel drive plate thicker.
I see your problem is progressing, this is how we fix our bike. We problem solve, through a process of ELIMINATION.
You solve what you think is the problem, by checking it measures to specifications as per Service Manual and is assembled as per service manual.
SLIPPING CLUTCH will sound like this :- in 4th/ 5th gear (high) gear as you get to 7000/8000 revs the engine revs will increase but the bike will not go any faster.
Keep going don't give up. There is much to learn, Daniel San (y)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
When you say you've done the gears, does mean you have replaced the transmission gears, inside the motor ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
When you say you've done the gears, does mean you have replaced the transmission gears, inside the motor ?
Correct. They were problematic. Dropped in 750 gears. The chain is sub par. I will replace with new. If that is not it then my last stop is a Dyno tune and if that doesn't work then I'll just roll it off a cliff. Thanks much Craigfer63.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Don't roll it off a cliff 🤣 !!!
Something you said in an earlier post made me think it was broken gears (internal) But you have done well to eliminate this and to get this far.(y)
A Dyno Tune is well worth the money. Tuners like this are very experienced and you can learn a lot from them. (y)

·
Super Moderator
17,408 Posts
You started with me!
And I'm ending it.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
SRAD has been a very kind & helpful contributor over the years.
He's selflessly given his time and knowledge to many riders.

If you have a new issue, search first, then start a new thread.

·
Administrator
13,945 Posts
Had a go...? Do you always understand or agree with what one person has to say, if so you must miss the point of a conversation. Someone always has a better solution and in your case you choose to stay hidden and watch us try to solve a problem that had you convened in the conversation we probably would have been done with. But now you have us entertaining others because you nit picked your way into an argument of a conversation I felt we members were enjoying. I am polite to the ones intentively involved but you obviously don't want to help anyone but yourself. If you did I'm sure this problem would have been solved.
This post right here is a soup bowl of words mixed up 😳

Op you need to calm down , you have been given more help then most get here by multiple members.

When asking for advice or help it’s a no brainer to supply all related information before hand , if you don’t the info that Is offered could be wrong (due to no fault of the helper)

I’ll leave this thread open … for now.

·
Administrator
13,945 Posts
And I'm ending it.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
SRAD has been a very kind & helpful contributor over the years.
He's selflessly given his time and knowledge to many riders.

If you have a new issue, search first, then start a new thread.
Hahaha you beat me too it mate

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.