Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've been meaning to state this. So in my repairing of the bike I changed over the gears to I believe 98 750 gears and I'm wondering if this chugging slipping is due to TPS or the fuel pump not being tuned. Am I overthinking and I should just stick to the plan of this clutch stacking or what? I know it is not exactly a f i system, although I did want to let you know sooner than later.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Is it not relevant, nor pertinent to inform the fellow engineers racking their brains on such a fragile topic?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It may have been pertinent\relevant in the beginning. But advice has been given based on the original information you gave. Based on information given\received you have decided on another clutch ( end of ).
But now you have decided the issue may be elsewhere :- ie- gears\TPS\fuel pump.
So based upon that I would guess like myself others have wasted their efforts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Speak for yourself. Knowledge is power. You are trying to curse me out on behalf of the research done from a collective group. Suzuki made this problem, not I and you are making me take the blame as if I am not nor wasn't greatful for and to the people who actually wanted to help. We are getting to the end of "A" problem if you choose to see it this way or not, the problem you now speak of may or may not be a hinder in the clutch problem and I could be way off. I don't know everything about motorcycles but you are making me feel unwanted and although I appreciate your input even that recent backlash, I thought the point of a forum was to communicate where as you made me feel uninvited. I appreciate all that are actively helping without animosity. So again I thank those in support for a solution to Suzuki's problem.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Speak for yourself. Knowledge is power. You are trying to curse me out on behalf of the research done from a collective group. Suzuki made this problem, not I and you are making me take the blame as if I am not nor wasn't greatful for and to the people who actually wanted to help. We are getting to the end of "A" problem if you choose to see it this way or not, the problem you now speak of may or may not be a hinder in the clutch problem and I could be way off. I don't know everything about motorcycles but you are making me feel unwanted and although I appreciate your input even that recent backlash, I thought the point of a forum was to communicate where as you made me feel uninvited. I appreciate all that are actively helping without animosity. So again I thank those in support for a solution to Suzuki's problem.
Deal with the issue you asked for help with, fit the clutch you ordered if issue persists update as appropriate.
TPS or fuel pump causing clutch issues absurd ( there`s a bit of knowledge for you ).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Deal with the issue you asked for help with, fit the clutch you ordered if issue persists update as appropriate.
TPS or fuel pump causing clutch issues absurd ( there`s a bit of knowledge for you ).
Thanks Sir. I sure hope that you have done your research to deduct that conclusion although, if anyone else could kindly add confirmation that would greatly be appreciated for my life and the next owners' would definitely depend on said input. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thanks Sir. I sure hope that you have done your research to deduct that conclusion although, if anyone else could kindly add confirmation that would greatly be appreciated for my life and the next owners' would definitely depend on said input. Thanks again.
Done my research ? Any idea how many srads I have owned & totally rebuilt. I gave you the best advice ( second comment ) from my own knowledge and personal work on my own machines. Lives depend on answers given, PLEASE be wary fellow members lawsuits could be on the cards for poor unresearched advice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Harsh. I am new at this but not totally ignorant. I ask specifically for " your" expertise and am now labeled the bad guy. I wish I could have heard more of your work before you choose to crush someone's dreams of aspiring as you did so successfully. Sorry for bothering you although, it would have been nice to hear that come from you.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
#2 gave you my expertise, I aspired by listening and hands on experience. Read your thread how many times have you had a go at other members and questioned their advice ?
I have nothing to apologise for, if you can`t take advice then don`t ask for it.
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Had a go...? Do you always understand or agree with what one person has to say, if so you must miss the point of a conversation. Someone always has a better solution and in your case you choose to stay hidden and watch us try to solve a problem that had you convened in the conversation we probably would have been done with. But now you have us entertaining others because you nit picked your way into an argument of a conversation I felt we members were enjoying. I am polite to the ones intentively involved but you obviously don't want to help anyone but yourself. If you did I'm sure this problem would have been solved.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Had a go...? Do you always understand or agree with what one person has to say, if so you must miss the point of a conversation. Someone always has a better solution and in your case you choose to stay hidden and watch us try to solve a problem that had you convened in the conversation we probably would have been done with. But now you have us entertaining others because you nit picked your way into an argument of a conversation I felt we members were enjoying. I am polite to the ones intentively involved but you obviously don't want to help anyone but yourself. If you did I'm sure this problem would have been solved.
Gave you the solution comment two, there is no better solution as it is the only solution.
Helped you ( as I have with many others ), this is how you respond.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
17 ? If this is the case you would just need to put one of the best looking old plates back in (one metal (a. 2.3mm), (b. 2.6mm) V model, to make 18. This might work.
This model clutch changes every year 96,17 plates, 97,19 plates, 98,18 plates and all the other clutch parts around them change too. Very Difficult.
I'm questioning your "a. and b." as in the 2.3 and 2.6 are the steel disc measurements specifically? The 2.6 being the one thicker disc? Please confirm or elaborate.

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
will the 750 tranny will be geared differently? higher 6th gear is it? something like this.. drive sprockets can be manipulated to make up for gearing

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.