Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard about the ivan tre ignition mod which you can do to gixxers. Could someone please give me instuctions on what to use and how to wire it up? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
OK, here is the Sqid Farm How too.

Tools needed
============
Chainsaw
Duck Tape
WD40
SledgeHammer

Others
======
two 6-7ft tall chirstmas tree
Rubber gloves
14 6" nails
11 3" nails
1 small kitten
24 pack of Dud beer
1/8th of resin
20gal fish-tank Bong

Instructions
============

1) Drink 6 12oz beers

2) Take four or five good bong hits.

3) Remove the seat unit from yor bike (Sledgehammer), and place the peices on the floor

4) Take another bong hit, and chug two cold ones.

5) Look for the big red wire under the seat, you will notice that it has a funny conector on the end thats angled

6)Carefully bend the connector straight. You might need to wear your rubber gloves at this point. If you need more force that you can impart with the sledgehammer, you might need to use a tire iron too. Insert 6 6: nails into the battery, for added metal content.

7) chug two more 12ozr's

8) using the chainsaw, carefully enlarge the ram-air ducts to allow.

9) Trim the trees down to 61.4 inches

10) Chug two more beers.

11) Insert the cut-down trees in the newly re-shaped ram-air ducts, and duck tape them in position. Before carefully nailing the trunks into the ducts. Carefully shape the ends that are sticking out into points.

11) Chug two more beers

12) spray the read wire with WD40, and place the kitten into the space near the battery. You may need to duck-tape it down a little, you would not want to hurt it if it fell out.

13) Chug two more beers.

14) replace the rear body work, you may need to use duck tape to hold it in place.

15) chug two more beers

16) spray your tires with WD40.

17) if there is any beer left, finish it off.

18) get your flip-flops on, and go for a ride.

You should kind that your engine purrs, and burn-outs are way easier than before.

Another added benifit is that people get out of you way a lot faster, and the tree's stop you from going over the top when you practise your stoppies....

[ 01-28-2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: fRaGgLe ]

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by jeffw:
Ouch...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry Jeff, but the instructions in your kit where none too clear - I figured we needed better ones.....

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Originally posted by DEATH INC.:
You forgot to crossdrill the beers.........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...and the fish-tank bong!

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Hey guys this is like the 21st century or something, leave the wires out, use 802.11g, wireless is the way, neater and easier, bonus is you can let other people use your TRE if they are in the 150foot range !!

[ 01-29-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: gsxrboy ]

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
gsxrboy
Hey guys this is like the 21st century or something, leave the wires out, use 802.11g, wireless is the way, neater and easier, bonus is you can let other people use your TRE if they are in the 150foot range !!
*802.11b = wireless.

man, get your IEEE standards right

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
gsxrboy
*802.11b = wireless.

Surely "g" is faster than "b" ????

Anyway I went to CompUSA to get the kit and they told me that using an LRP firewall was not recommended, and tried to sell me a linksys ?????

I'm really confused now

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
gsxrboy
*802.11b = wireless.

Surely "g" is faster than "b" ????

Anyway I went to CompUSA to get the kit and they told me that using an LRP firewall was not recommended, and tried to sell me a linksys ?????

I'm really confused now
Yep G is faster at up to 54mbps, which is alot fatser than even a gix can go so you wont outride the signal. Try netgear they offer a nice gix coloured box that discreetly mounts on the ducktail so it looks like a MotoGP transponder thingo..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts