Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike die a while ago after starting it and i've been trying to figure it out ever since. I started it, the idle got real lumpy and it died. I changed the plugs and they were not fouled. The battery is fully charged also. I checked all the connections and they are fine. The bike will crank over but will not start. The dash lights up, fuel pump turns on, turn the key and it tries but just won't start. It was about 65 drgrees today so i checked everything over and cecked the plugs again and fully charged the battery.
My next stop is to trailer it to the dealership where i will get raped.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
did you change the exhaust? and did you start it with givi ng it some throttle?

i just added a TRS race bolt on and it stalls as well, because I need to raise the idle speed.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried a slight amount of gas when i start it and still nothing. I have an m4 pipe with a remapped stock computer. I still have a warranty just no time to get to the dealership. Bike should not need any gas when starting. Idle was increased when bolt on went on.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Were the plugs dry when you took them out? If you've been cranking on it they should have at least been wet. Maybe it's not getting any gas at all? It's either not getting enough gas, too much gas (unlikely with fuel injection), or no spark. Remove a plug, connect the plug wire, ground the plug against the motor and turn it over. You should see spark. If you do, it's a fuel issue. Try holding it wide open when you turn it over and see what it does.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried some more stuff and still will not start. I've been shying away from cranking her over too much. My dealer has a pickup service. I'll have them pick it up this week. I still think that it's funny the day i bring my 05' 536 home the suzy starts then dies. She has not started. Anyone seen Christine? SHITTERS!

·
Registered
538 Posts
well if you could post the problem and solution when all said and done, it would be tits!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Tried some more stuff and still will not start. I've been shying away from cranking her over too much. My dealer has a pickup service. I'll have them pick it up this week. I still think that it's funny the day i bring my 05' 536 home the suzy starts then dies. She has not started. Anyone seen Christine? SHITTERS!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts