Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim usally a new wind screen will have indentations for the screws if it is not drilled so accordingly, also the upper should have corresponding indentations for a windscreen, my sharshinz upper is not drilled but it is indented for drilling windscreen holes.
BTW what brand of upper is it?
-Karl

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Playdough Playdough!!!!! Put it on the back of your new fairing and place the fairing on the bike. If you press lightly against the mounting holes, it will transfer the hole to the playdough.
Pull the fairing off and mark where the hole is thru the platdough. It works like hell!!!!!!
My kid taught me!!!!!

I mounted aftermarket fairings with playdough for every hole!!!
Mike

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I guess I'll use playdough...and then I can give it to my daughter to play with after I'm done.

It's a Maier fairing I got for $35.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
No, I don't have full use of my hands yet...but I want to get the gixxer working again, someday.

I bought a NIB fairing upper off ebay this past spring with the intent of doing a custom paint job...now I just need it to replace the marfed original upper.

I don't know any special "tricks" for aligning the windscreen, mid panels or mounting points so that I can put holes in the correct places.

Does anyone have any advice to help me with this?

·
Banned
982 Posts
Use Clecos,with Cleco Plyers!
and alligator clamps!!!!
I'll take a picture of Mine!!
You can always double face tape everything into place and make Your marks but,Clecos would be the professional way!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I wish I had more specific help for ya, Simon... the only way I've been able to work out the places to drill is to have one set of holes drilled, and then get creative with using a felt-tip marker to indicate where to drill the remaining holes. Patience and double and triple-checking the marks prior to making holes is the only "trick" I know of... good luck

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Originally posted by JoeyPsychos.com:
and alligator clamps!!!!
You can always double face tape everything into place and make Your marks but,Clecos would be the professional way!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I like paydough!!!! The non professional way!!!!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by Chainrash:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by JoeyPsychos.com:
and alligator clamps!!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I like paydough!!!! The non professional way!!!!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Exactly! Plus my daughter isn't allowed to play with tools (especially attached to males
) and Playdough has got to be cheaper!

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Hey Simon let me know how the fairing fits as i need one and cant find a good used factory one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts