Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is this what your bike looks like ? It already has a upright riding position . Looks like a fun little bike to ride . I'd see if you can find an aftermarket exhaust and remove the rear fender .

Your bike only weighs 297 lbs ,that not much at all . My 750 weighs in around 400 + . Probably closer to 450.
Just watched this video of the bikes performance against the yamaha in India...seems like a great bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZKgcbCR7Zw

·
Super Moderator
14,999 Posts
Nah, with gsxr100 you shouldnt even think of it. Its fun bike, but you wouldnt want it. Given yours has 10 times more power.

Grass aways seems greener on other side. :laugh::bitchslap0:)>:)

I like bikes in all sizes. I've had some of the most fun on my wife's Yamaha TTR125 and also her Ninja 250 in the past. :dunno

Power ain't everything. :cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Raised the handle bars of gixxer 155 to improve riding position. Cost me around rs 800 (11-12 $) to make it.

Though, riding is still not very much long ride friendly (atleast better than before). My back and shoulders start paining after an hour or so of riding. Please suggest what can be done further.

Attachments

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
There you go .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I am from India, and own a gixxer 155.

I need help regarding two issues which i am considering to change in my bike.

1. I wish to increase the handle height as well as need to bring it closer to me while riding. I have been doing long trips on it, and it has started hurting my shoulders. I know you will say to go buy a cruiser, but thats not possible for me. So please help with this if it is possible

2. I am also trying to reduce the weight of the bike (which is 135 kg), the best way i thought would be to get lighter tyres. So my doubt is, if could go for thinner ones like 90mm in front and 120mm rear, and probably mount 21 inch tyre in front(which is currently 17), would it be possible?

I am a beginner and a noob, so please be kind on me :)0:)🤓
For the ride height what I've found to work is if you loosen your forks and basically drop the forks down so that the nuts on top of the forks a level with the fork clamps.

Secondly for weight the wheels and tyres aren't going to make a difference however changing the exhaust out and straight piping it will get rid of the cat which will definitely make the bike lighter. Unless you have money for carbon fiber rims and other accessories.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts