Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have done a pretty thorough search for any advice on how to install the OEM airbox back into a '94 750W. All I could find was info on an '89. It sounds gruesome.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. The bike is on a lift, tank off, rear wheel and fender off... pretty stripped down. Carbs are out also.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Spay all with silicone lube, wear gloves...curse repeatedly!...and of course removes everything you can that may be in your way.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
A hair dryer or heat gun also helps soften the rubbers to make them easier to slide onto the carbs.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes you just need to stare at a problem a little longer and not be so quick to run and ask a forum question and you will figure it out. I do believe the majority of thoughtful forum users do some webcrawler search and forum search before giving up and posting a question.

You don't need to spray the box with silicone to make is slippery, nor do you need a heat gun to get the airbox in. Although, I'm sure those 2 ideas would provide some assistance. I took off the rubber boots from the airbox, Removed the right side, top 2 upper engine mount bolts, loosened the bottom one and twisted the bracket forward. The airbox slid into the right side opening pretty well. There was some words of assistance and a few sharp blows with palm of hand and rubber mallet, but not a homerun swing.

yeah! now to get the carbs in. another day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts