Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I just got off the phone w/ Suzuki customer service, My bike is in the shop for a cam chain tensioner replacement, it's 3rd, well my mechanic at the dealership has called and said that Suzuki will pay for the part but not the labor, so I call Suzuki customer service and ask them what the problem is, my bike is out of warranty so they say that paying for the part is a goodwill Gesture? I tell him that they should pay for labor to because this is a major suzuki quality problem, he returns w/ I know of no ongoing problem w/ this part. . WTF. . I asked him if he was living in a small dark room? Anyway will you guys do me a huge favor and fax this guy w/ your Knwledge on the CCT problem, he wouldn't give me his e-mail addy, but he did give me his fax number, it is 714-970-6005 make it attn. Richard Coleman, lets show them they need to solve this problem. Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by jp233:
yeah, Suzuki sucks.

the reason you're prob on your 3rd is you're still getting the Suzuki part. get the APE manual tensioner $60, get the bastids to put it in for you. make sure to check the tension and you should be OK......

damn, I'm still on what I guess is the factory CCT (bought the bike w/ 6K now its got over 14K and never the diesel)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The 98 didnt have near the same problems as the "better" 99 CCTs did... lol

John

·
Registered
187 Posts
You should here what they are doing to the Y2K bikes and there transmissions.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 98 750 with 6500 miles on it and am having no problems with my cct. However my buddy has a 99 and skipped 3 teeth recently. He just installed the manual one tonight and should be up and running in a day or so. Someone in this post said that the 99 cct was not as good as the 98...is that really true or were you just kidding?

Shane

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yeah, Suzuki sucks.

the reason you're prob on your 3rd is you're still getting the Suzuki part. get the APE manual tensioner $60, get the bastids to put it in for you. make sure to check the tension and you should be OK......

damn, I'm still on what I guess is the factory CCT (bought the bike w/ 6K now its got over 14K and never the diesel)

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
the 99 one was different (at least the manual professes such) by the length of the pushrod.... i guess by 99 suzuki was it their wits end tryin to solve the riddles of the 96 and 97 (some 98's too) cct's........nonetheless......go ape if u havent.....

i dont remember hearing ape or orient express recalling any of their cct's.

happy holidays!!

scott

·
Registered
383 Posts
You have to get on their back a little bit. Tell them that you have a lot of friends that think about byuing suzukis, and that you will also file a complain to the Beaur of Better Bussiness. Maybe that would work for you. Its worked for me a couple of times, with my bike, and cars....Trust me they dont want the youth that buys all the bikes that they build to start badmouthing there bikes, that means lower sells for them.........Good Luck!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts