Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pic of this 750 the other day and was wondering if it is a stock paint scheme and what year it is. Somebody help me out

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
spitting image of my 98

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
98's rule....

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
With mileage I would only be conserned with maintance. Suzuki says to adjust the valves at 15K if I remember correctly. If you can do it yourself then it's no big deal but if you take it to a dealer then it'll be like $200. My 03' R1 has 14K miles on it...and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Just make sure to check the maintance and see that the CCT isn't going bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ummmmm.....what does CCT stand for? Cylinder compression? lol. Im a newb to alot of this stuff, I mean ithis will be my fifth street bike but i dont know alot about maintenance.....

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
ummmmm.....what does CCT stand for? Cylinder compression? lol. Im a newb to alot of this stuff, I mean ithis will be my fifth street bike but i dont know alot about maintenance.....

cam chain tensioner, its pretty common among srads for it to go bad.. you can get a APE manual CCT through a few sponsors on the site here. and some good directions on this forum on how to install it

·
Registered
651 Posts
http://www.gixxer.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=285&sort=2&cat=1&page=1

I just noticed a 98 in the classifieds section. This is a little far for me to even consider since i am down in Atlanta GA. Would 13k miles be about right for the year or is it a bit high. Im just trying to figure out about the average milage and price a 98 750 should be. Any thoughts?
thats my bike... sorry not for sale anymore... i'm riding the shit outta her!
... don't know how to remove that ad

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
hey, all you fuckers with a 98..mine has this annoying oil leak on the right side, its comming from the head gasket, right where that bolt thats upside down...on the corner.
anyway anyone else have this?? i have 33k on my scooter and am dreading pulling it down to change a gasket..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts