Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knows a safe way of removing the warning stickers from the tank of the bike....I don't wanna F'up the paint. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Just warm them up with a heat gun and pull evenly. Be sure to not delaminate the clear top coat or you'll be in for a headache. Careful to not heat the plastic up to melt point too.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
hair dryer and patience
Yes... dont use a heatgun your going to crack the clear coat unless you know what your doing. Goo Gone might work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Heat Gun on Vinyl and a thin razor for the warning stickers. If glue remains use ALCOHOL ONLY + MICROFIBER. I Stripped paint on my 04 600 with Goo-Gone.

DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT ALCOHOL for residue removal because it doen'st harm the paint like other substances. Alcohol properly cleans paint surfaces for prep also if your going to add stickers, tank protectors, and paint.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
i dont know how you people dont delaminate the clear off the sticker when removing it.. it did it on all three stickers no matter how hard i tried.

+1 on the hair dryer and patience. i also took the '600' stickers off the tail section. looks alot better/cleaner without the orange/red stickers on a white peice of plastic..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, U gotta use laquer thinner and u put it on a rag. Press the rag over the decal for a bit, it should soften it up. use ur fingernail to scrape it off. Just dont leave the rag on for too long, let the decal dry then do it again, takes a minute

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
hairdryer and paint thinner is what i used... gotta be careful with paint thinner cos that shit is real strong but gets the goo out like nothing... goo gone didnt do me any good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had my bike parked outside for a couple hours and when I came out I tried to pull them off...They came off with ease and didn't leave any residue, the sun heated them up enough

·
Registered
167 Posts
WD40, Goo Gone, Paint Thinner, and any other product will remove paint on plastic very quickly. Trust me, take the extra time and effort and use Alcohol(not like its sucks at removing glue or anything). Youre going to be piiiissseed when you see plastic spots in your paint. The vinyl stickering comes off very easily though if you peel slowly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts