Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after seeing my new gsxr 600 my buddy thought he needed one so we went and picked it up in my truck and took him to a parkin lot to get the hang of it well all the way from the other side of the parkin lot i hear this loud crash and then sliding sound well neways 10 mins and 2 miles and the bike is messed up glad i didnt let him ride mine but neways we are fixing the bike back to rideable then going to fix the cosmetics but what i was wondering does anyone know how to disconnect the kickstand sensor cause his always senses that the kickstand is down so i mean after we get the shifter which is orderd its not going to be rideable neways becuase as soon as he puts it in gear its going to shut off i thought i read how to bypass the sensor b4 but i cant find it on here newhere.

now to the parts if ne one has a black tail section that has all good tabs and no cracks im interested and also left lower fairing silver, and gas tank cover black. all but the gas tank cover can have light rash i dont wanna repaint the gas tank tho i could just fix his if i was gonna do that.

thanks alot and yeah i know he's a dumbass but hey atleast i didnt let him wreck mine

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
The side stand/kick stand probably got bent during the crash, either that or the button/switch was moved. Do you have a rear stand for the bike? IF so put it on the stand...if not, have your buddy get on the bike and hold it steady. Then move the side stand up in the riding position. There is a little tab that sticks down that the side stand should push up when the side stand is up. I'm guessing because of the crash, it isn't lined up exactly right and the tab or push button part of the switch isn't being pushed up. Check this out...if this is not the case, let me know. Also, if you could post pics of it, that would help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.