Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used a 2006 GIXXER 600 in my buggy.

There are two lines that that have coolant runs through them and I do not know where to connect them. Does one, or BOTH go back to the radiator or an over catch?

The OIL COOLER water line connects where? ... back to radiator?

In the first pic, this water line is right below the throttle body and it connects where?

The next pic is the FUEL line, RIGHT? I just want to be sure?

2012-03-04 17.22.19.jpg

2012-03-04 17.19.38.jpg

Please advise?

After I get these lines sorted out and connected, its crank time :)

SO PLEASE HELP ASAP?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here is the water coolant line under the throttle body, hard to get a pic of. What does this line connect to?

2012-03-04 20.12.02.jpg

AND, where does the oil cooler water line (located on the bottom of the right side) connect to?
Are these two lines suppose to rout back to the radiator or a reservoir?
Just don't know what to do with these 2 small coolant lines!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Geek,

Geek,

The manual does NOT show detailed info. I am NOT using the stock GSXR 600 radiator, (that would be easy for me to figure out). I am building my own radiator and need these questions answered.

Below is a pic of the a stock 600 radiator. Please advise IF I HAVE THE LINES LABLED CORRECTLY?

The one I am really NOT sure about is the small spout on the radiator (upper left), I suppose it is for the small coolant line that is located under the throttle body? Does that line push water back to the radiator too?

AND, finally does it matter which side of the radiator these small return lines are located, as long as they are mid level or high up on the tank?
radiator 1.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geek,

Please check my last post. I added a new pic of the stock GSXR 600 radiator and need a couple of things cleared up.

I am building my own radiator and that is why things got a lil confusing for me.

thx again for all your help.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,376 Posts
There circuits are pretty simple. At the water pump, there should be a small line going to the oil cooler to supply it with cool water. Then a line from the oil cooler to the radiator to carry the hot water back to the radiator.

I'm traveling right now, so I'll take a look at the service manual when I get to the hotel tonight and confirm. If you get the service manual, it can tell you what you're looking at.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oil cooler line in your picture, larger hose at bottom of radiator goes to oil cooler fitting facing out to the right side of engine.
The other fitting on the oil cooler goes into the engine block.
The small one I have not checked yet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geek I revised the picture, labeling the radiator spouts as I think they are supposed to connect up to the engine. Please review and advise?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oil cooler line in your picture, larger hose at bottom of radiator goes to oil cooler fitting facing out to the right side of engine.
The other fitting on the oil cooler goes into the engine block.
The small one I have not checked yet.
Thanks DUC!

Please look at the pic again, when You have time. I re-labeled the radiator connections as I think they would connect to the gsxr600. Please review and advise?

frit

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anyone here please look at the radiator pic and confirm that the SMALL outlet connects to the engine location under the throttle body near the crank case vent?

·
Non-Giver of F*ucks
258 Posts
Frister if ur refurring to the two small hoses by the radiator cap where one goes to the water pump looking connection an the other to the coolant overflow then yes that is correct

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are 4 radiator outlets, NOT including the overflow bottle. Please see pic.
There are also 4 engine outlets.
1. engine water pump inlet -- Larger hose
2. engine return to radiator outlet -- Larger hose

3. Oil cooler return to radiator-- smaller hose

4. Engine port located under the throttle body, and that one I would think connects to the radiator small outlet upper left on the pic?

I guess I'll just connect them like I think they go and see what happens?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Geek, my manual has the top drawing but not the second one. VERY helpful, and it connects up like I suspected!. AGAIN, thanks for your help, I know that took a bit of work, and just illustrates how great all you guys are for taking the time to help a fellow man out!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cranked it up today!!!! Purrs like a kitten, no error codes!

QUESTION, does it have a rev limiter because it seems to be rev limiting around 6k when I floor it in neutral.... or 8 k if i ease into it. I dont know if it will do the same thing in gear because I do not have the brakes bled yet.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,376 Posts
Before they're warmed up they will do some strange things. 6k sounds low though. Ride it before you start looking for another problem.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
engine mods done:
Pair mod
excva mod
anti theft mod

How would I check the air fuel ratio mix to be sure everything is good without a dyno tune? Would I have to buy and install a fuel programmer?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
5 Participants
FRITSTER
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Explore Our Forums