Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Can anyone tell me what and where this goes? Pull the bowls and main and pilots from a set of CV 38mm new to me that needed cleaning. After rotating the carbs a few times to drop the pilot jet i noticed this "nose" type piece ?jet? and cannot identify from where it came? Thx.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After comparing the other carbs and bowls and parts per carb, I became convinced it had no business in the bowl region(I hope). I really do believe that when I rotated the carbs to drop the pilot it fell from outside the carb body, but then again why didn't it fall when I rotated for the other 2 pilots I had already done.

Anyways put bowls and jets back as seemed normal and the bike started running on all cylinders now (carb 1 was gunked pretty bad).

If anyone can pinpoint if that piece is related to the carbs, let me know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah...thanks for identifying. But as much as I look online to find where that is, I can't seem to find a pic. Any chance you could describe on this BST40 pic (same) where it might be. On top of it I purposely switched the floats around, so I can't even narrow it to Carb 3 now I gather.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts