Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are Keihin carbs 41 mm. I beleive they are downdraft carbs?? What are they worth approx and what year GSXR would they fit?
what makes a downdraft carb a downdraft, just cause they sit at a 45 deg angle?

[ 02-06-2003, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: gsxr12161216 ]

·
Registered
159 Posts
According to Sudco, they will fit:

93-95 GSXR 750 (Liquid Cooled)
93-98 GSXR 1100 (Liquid Cooled)
96-97 GSXR 750

As for what they're worth...They cost about $1000
US. What you could get for them depends on
their condition, how stupid a person you are
dealing with and how nice a person you are...

Hope this helps.
Adrock.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HHHMM? Why would they not fit a '92? is the cylinder spacing different on the water motors? Looking at those carbs they look likethey would need to be tipped a lot to make the bowls sit level, i thought the '93-98 1100's had the carbs sitting pretty much straight up just like the 89-92's? Anymore info would be apprecieated

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
YES, water cooled ports have different spacing than oil cooled. water are more separate.

On the horizontal thing: yes, they are (at least to my eye) just like oil cooled, ie horizontal.

I know cuurent gen 750 and 1000 are downdraft, as were hondas cbr900rr 93-?

Maybe SRADS were first to use downdrafts?

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They must be from an SRAD, That listing above on what these carbs fit is only for the "H" style 41mm FCR's since these appear to be downdraft carbs they must only fit 96-up 750's. I do not think they will fit any 1100's?? I hate it when people list stuff for sale having no idea what year or model it fits.......

Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Those are definately downdrafts and will not fit either of your bikes. They look like they are in nice shape though and should be worth between $450 & $650. As the term implies downdraft means that the intake is somewhere between 45 degrees and completely vertical like the R1 or Hayabusa. Oil cooled GSXR's are considered side drafts. I just received a set of 41 FCR's. They are in nice shape,but one velocity stack needs to be replaced. If your're interested let me know otherwise it's E-Bay time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hmm, I thought that water-cooled GSXR's had
inclided inlet ports....That is one of the
reasons I can't put a later head on my bike as
the carbs would hit the frame....I'm not sure
about the spacings but early GSXR's are
definately horizontal and later ones downdraft.
Were they listed as "41mm Keihin's" only with no
other details?

Either way you should be able to flog them off no
worries in the for sale section. People are
always looking for carbs.

Adrock.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I thought that only the RF900 had downdraft or semi downdraft carbs???

I can't see how those float bowls would ever work on my 93 inlet runners...???

FZR????

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by abadbusa:
Those are definately downdrafts and will not fit either of your bikes. They look like they are in nice shape though and should be worth between $450 & $650. As the term implies downdraft means that the intake is somewhere between 45 degrees and completely vertical like the R1 or Hayabusa. Oil cooled GSXR's are considered side drafts. I just received a set of 41 FCR's. They are in nice shape,but one velocity stack needs to be replaced. If your're interested let me know otherwise it's E-Bay time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm interested in them, PM with price ETC, thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We wanted a positive ID on these carbs that we have. They are 39 FCR's. The asking price is $600.00 to your door. They need 1 velocity stack and they run around $5.95 through Sudco. Let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts