Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys!

I haven't been on here in quite a while as I've been very busy... Long story long, I inadvertently started what I consider to be my true career- thanks to the massive collection of surplus GSXR parts I had accumulated. I started selling spares on eBay in my free time around 2016, did pretty well with it, and the next thing I know I'm leaving my job as a Yamaha master tech and going full time with the parts thing... Five years (and two shops) later, we are moving ~1500 used parts online yearly, and have a pretty busy service department, too. Crazy, TRULY never saw it coming!!! (And yes, for the record, my 6/11 project DID indeed finally get finished, just in time for the '21 riding season, only took me FOUR 1100W donor bikes til I had a setup I was happy with, LOL).

But enough backstory, that's not why I'm here. I let the smoke out of second gear towards the end of this past season and I've got to go in to the motor. Of course, I can never leave "good enough" alone, so while I'm in there I'll be going BIG bore. Not a little +1 or +2mm job, noo my sights are SET on a Superbike Mike (aka SBM) 1298cc billet jug. I know there's probably about 1.5 units in existence, but I'm determined... That's why I'm putting the feelers out early, I know it's going to be a challenge.

I'm also open to damaged ones. I have access to some good machinists and I'm not scared of a challenge. Hoping and praying there's one floating around on here!!! Or even just a hint on where to look/who to ask would be sooooo greatly appreciated!

Thank you guys in advance!

Safe riding.
Rectangle Font Publication Cylinder Tints and shades
Gas Wood Kitchen Shelving Flooring
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive design

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
put some feelers out on these websites someone may know of one? piston/rod kits are on ebay

·
Super Moderator
17,451 Posts
Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
put some feelers out on these websites someone may know of one? piston/rod kits are on ebay

Thank you!!! Will definitely look in to both of those sites!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you asked Superbike Mike?
I would love to, but from my understanding he's been out of the game for a long, long time no? What's my best bet for method of contact? The website seems to be long gone...

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,679 Posts
He's not in business anymore...hasn't been in years.
Your best bet, is to fanatically check eBay every day, post a Wanted ad on Psychobike etc.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,832 Posts
It might be possible to locate him by searching the Florida business registration info. Is this him?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts