Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!!! I don\'t know what to do!!!!!!

Any help would be great!

I was crusing down the freeway the other day and my bike just died there and then. Pulled over and realised that I was really low on fuel. I flaged down a truck and he gave me some diesel. Threw it in the tank and off I went.

What I didn't realise was that when you use diesel in anything over 800cc, it wrecks the light in the airbox, blinker fluid, brake turbo's (I'm running a twin setup), and makes the tyres go bald. Now my insurance company is saying my insurance is void because I wasn't wearing an approved set of pants at the time (I was wearing my tutu on the way to ballet).

The insurance company is called 'Screw Bike Riders Insurance LTD.'. When I signed up, they were REALLY nice at the time.

Can anyone help, I am really desperate.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Re: HELP!!!!!! I don\'t know what to do!!!!!!

Wow, I'm surprised you get internet privileges in the loony bin.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Just run the diesel fuel through a siv and it should work fine. Also, your desmodronic plates are probably out of synch so you should recalibrate them ASAP.

And what about your tire pressure? Diesel fuel makes tires soft.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts

As long as the exhaust bearings are ok they shouldn't write the bike off, be firm with them and tell them you want it fixed or else you'll tell your mum. Sorry you had to go thru this

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

I'm pretty sure that the blinker fluid is going to be a write off. Since the tires are shot, now's the perfect time to replace your wheels with cirular saw blades (the big ones from sawmills). Much better traction in bad weather!!

I'm insured with the same company. What's the problem? The accept my weekly payments with a smile!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts