Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in another section.. but its urgent..

Anyone know FOR SURE if the fuel pump from an 03 600 works on an 01 600??

There ARE differences in the actual pump - seems to be electrical differences.

I have heard it should work, plugged it in - spools up, feed gas.. then runs liek shit. THere could be other problems, but im working my way INTO the motor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
specifically an 03 pump in an 01 bike?

well thats releving and a giant pissoff.. all at the same time.

ugh

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
i've used the same pumps for 750's, 600's and 1000s of all year and model.

I've mixed and matched various parts from all these bikes and seem to have gotten a good grip on what does work, and what doesn't.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The only difference in the electrical connector is the fuel light sig lead...other than that they work fine...I currently have an 03 pump assembly in my 01, and conversly, had a 01 in my 03, for the past year.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Now, if you have an 03 wiring harness and have it on the 01, it is going to run, but will cause all types of problems. I know first hand, but here lately, I have been called a dick, etc. so, IMO, I guess...

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
Now, if you have an 03 wiring harness and have it on the 01, it is going to run, but will cause all types of problems. I know first hand, but here lately, I have been called a dick, etc. so, IMO, I guess...
DICk., ASS., Putzz...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
DICk., ASS., Putzz...

you forgot asspick, vagina cum-bubble, monkey nuts, etc...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts