Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, cycle gurus...

I have a question. I lowsided (stupid me)
and bent my front rim and one of my brake rotors. Which rotors of which years will fit my bike? I ride an '89GSXR-750.

I found a set of '93 Gix600 rotors for a decent price. Will they work? I need to email the guy back.

By the way, I am *brand* *spankin'* *new* to this board here... hi! I'm noo too sure about ettiquette or anything, so if I forgot something important, sorry!

take it easy guys, and thanks in advance!
-Rick

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Rotors from a 88-95 750 and from a 89-98 1100 will bolt on. while your at it bolt on a set of six piston calipers too.
Bones

G

·
0 Posts
yes the 93 GSXR 600 rotors will work too.
See this post for a detailed model by model comparison!! Brake disk info link

[ 05-07-2002, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: GixxerRacer371 ]

·
Registered
257 Posts
I see you're from the Bay Area I had a slightly bent brake rotor from my bike getting knocked over with a disc lock on. I sent it to The Frame Guy (The Frame Man? not positive) in Sacramento and he was able to straighten it. I don't have the contact info but pick up a CityBike and he's usually got an ad in there he specializes in straightening bent rotors and wheels and frames and such. Or just look up The Frame Guy on Yahoo or something. If you can't find him drop me an email and I'll dig up his number. It was pretty cheap too ~$50.

Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI guys,
Thanks for the info!!! Wow... I didn't know that the Frame Man could fix rotors for such a decent price. I might check them out in the future... Aaanyways, my rotors were getting worn anyways, and I am too impatient to wait for turnaround, so I decided to go ahead with that pair of '93 600s. Couldn't have done it without you guys

I like this board, i think i'll stay!
Thanks again,
Ricky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts