Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help finding aftermarket stuff for 86 GSXR1100

Hello everyone. I have a riding buddy (who doesn't have computer access) that is looking for a few aftermarket mods for his 86 gixxer 1100. I told him about this forum and he asked me to post this for him. He is looking for flushmount signals for the front, shorties for the rear, and any form of undertail. Can anyone offer a vendor or two that offers any of these parts. Also, part numbers would be helpful if you have them.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Re: help finding aftermarket stuff for 86 GSXR1100

There's a few options for marker lights/signals...Lockhart Phillips is one, I've got another bookmarked at home I'll post later.

As for Undertails
...LP used to make one but hasn't for a few years and no longer has them. Same with the distributors...There was one on eBay a few months ago, still in the packaging. I made a prototype fo Mr Gixxer just the other day...I'm still trying to sort out keeping the thick material, not break any tools, and keep the cost low.

Here's Mr Gixxer's almost done on my bike...

and here's the one for Suzukiltd and me...

·
Premium Member
798 Posts

I want one of those under tails for my 86 750
give me give me one!!!!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

Thoes undertails simon makes are sweet. I finaly got my on, to bad the bike won't move out of the garage yet.

·
Banned
982 Posts

What Kinda shit Is that???
That dont look like no undertail!!

Sorry,But I'm confused...what is the purpose of that thing?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Here's that other link for turn signals...
http://www.graphicartmotodesign.com/lights/flushmounts.htm

As for the "undertail"...It helps it you think like an Old Schooler and not like a carbon composite go zippy fast new generation type. It is somewhat similar to the LP "Trick Kits" (part #109-TK80). They were making theirs from sheet stainless steel. I'm using 2.3mm thick aluminum tread plate stock.

I like your Nun btw...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

My wording was incorrect. I guess the proper term would be fender elminator, or license plate hanger, or metal thingy on the back, take your pick

·
Registered
36 Posts

Any chance you fab parts for an 89 750? that looks clean.

thanks, ronnie

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ronnie:
Any chance you fab parts for an 89 750? that looks clean.

thanks, ronnie
<hr></blockquote>

I could but I use my bike as the model. Have you checked LP for what you want? Or are you SOL like us 'cause there just aren't any more parts for the older bikes?

·
Registered
36 Posts

I actually really want the Airtech solo race seat/tail, but that might be really diffucult.

No, LP doesn't make a eliminator for my bike anymore either.
SOL for me too.

If you can fab just a plate that i could replace my fender with, that would be awesome. But, it's kind of hard becasue our tails are so diffrent. Let me know if you can thoguh, I'd definitly be interested and so would many others I would imagine, as NO ONE makes any nice body pieces for our bikes anymore.

thanks, ronnie

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for the help folks. I'm going to check out those links and see what I can find. Next step is to get him his very own internet access

·
Banned
982 Posts

I'm making Mine outta fiberglass,and It going to be all one piece with the tail!!!!

I'll just slip the tail on through the back!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts