Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Back in 1986 my dad bought a GSXR1100 off the showroom floor from Bettencourt's Suzuki/Honda in Bridgewater Massachusetts. He owned the bike for a number of years, then had to sell it when he opened up his business. I am now trying to track the bike down, and attempt to purchase it back from whoever the current owner is. Is there a way to get the current owners information? I have used multiple VIN information sites and come across a few discrepancies. Some websites say the Bike was stolen in 2002 somewhere in Mesquite Texas, and others say its in Colorado, with registration date going back to 2009. Is there anyone here that can help me narrow down what actually happened to It? If you have any information on it, please text me at 339-987-9366.

Here is the VIN#: JS1GU74A7G2102953

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
best you can do is get the last registered owners address and try to contact them, if its been stolen?... meh

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,832 Posts
This used to be a lot easier but state and Federal laws have been passed to block such searches. You can thank Robert Bardo:

See this. It might be possible by employing licensed investigators but don't get your hopes up as that's exactly what Bardo did. There's a bit more info here. Unfortunately old motorcycles all to often end up sitting in someone's garage or back yard for many years.

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
the state in which is was registered, easy and free, file in the state it was last registered a lost title, they will contact, then send you a letter saying who and where they sent the letter, or said person will respond as in I sold it to yadda yadda, you should have access at that point, depends, lots of privacy issues today so if they don't want to respond they don't have to..

only other way is to do a traffic citation/accident search, along with a VIN search, Vin # search should return plate #'s, on every owner it's been registered to, every reported accident.. then you would have to go to each local jurisdiction and run that license plate in a public citation lookup, it's quite easy these days but in many cases you have to do it in person at the county courthouses, you enter plate number(s) you got from the Vin lookup, it will return any citation or court appearances like accidents so forth with the name and address, all public information.. this is what a detective would do, along with using all the databases he has available

1 - 5 of 5 Posts