Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 99'gixxer750 and the problem is that the bike's idle would start going crazy after reaching normal temp. The idle wouldn't remain constasnt. So a buddy of mine disconnected the boost sensor (the one slightly above the airbox)and the idle problem was fixed. HOWEVER, now the fi light is on (I know its cuz the sensor was removed)and the bike lost some power. Is the problem the sensor? Air leak? or something else. Please help!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I know how you can fix it... PAY ME!! LOL

No really... if you remove the sensor and the bike runs better I would think that this sensor is bad. I am not sure of a BOOST sensor that is located above the airbox.

If you want someone that knows your bike inside and out, let me know... i am not to far from you and I should be able to find your problem fast...

John

[ 03-24-2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: GSXR-Freak ]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
I know how you can fix it... PAY ME!! LOL

No really... if you remove the sensor and the bike runs better I would think that this sensor is bad. I am not sure of a BOOST sensor that is located above the airbox.

If you want someone that knows your bike inside and out, let me know... i am not to far from you and I should be able to find your problem fast...

John
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for the response gsxr freak. The boost sensor is the IAP sensor (c13 in dealer mode). When the sensor is pluged in, the bike won't idle under 2000 rpm. Also dealer mode displays c00 with the bar on top. When the sensor is not pluged in the bike idles perfectly at around 1200 rpm but the fi light turns on, the bike backfires, and a lot of power is lost (I guess that's why it's called the boost sensor). What do you think the problem is...PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
well...I can't help you with the IAP sensor....

but when you switch into the dealer mode, you should see a -c00, with the bar at the center..not at the top nor bottom....your bike CAN idle a bit funny if the throttle position sensor is off...i.e. the bar by the c00 is at the top...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Leonardo629:
well...I can't help you with the IAP sensor....

but when you switch into the dealer mode, you should see a -c00, with the bar at the center..not at the top nor bottom....your bike CAN idle a bit funny if the throttle position sensor is off...i.e. the bar by the c00 is at the top...
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea I would start with this... If the bar is at the top your bike is going to run rich. If that doesnt help then i would look into a new sensor...

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts