Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to change my ignition and lock due to someone stealing and hot wiring a dodgy ignition to it. I can start the bike and it runs perfect with the hot wired ignition on it but as soon as I plug in the new ignition and turn the key f1 code comes up and fuel pump doesn't prime. How do I fix this please help someone. 2001 gsxr1000 , ( ebay gsxr1000 lock and ignition ).

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Generally it isn't discussed in great length how the ignition system security can be bypassed by first time posters
Get an Oem ignition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already know how to bypass the ignition by joining 2 and 2 and bridging the other 2 wires. I need to know how to get a proper lock and ignition working again. My bike was stolen and I got it back and they hotwired the ignition I need to fix it. I can't find a genuine oem ignition were I am.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bike works with the hotwired ignition but not a new one when I out the new one on it it doesn't activate the fuel pump and fi code comes up. I need help getting the new ignition and lock working

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I asked if anyone could help me not if anyone could be a smart****. Thanks for nothing. I'm a single dad who just wants his bike running and to be what it's supposed to be.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,938 Posts
We'd really like to see more about who you are. New members are supposed to introduce themselves here. A pic of your bike and a bit about yourself would be appropriate. You could additionally include pics of the buggered and replacement ignition switches. Leading off without any information about yourself and seeking information related to security measures is inviting the responses that you got. Do you have a service manual?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts