Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an animal lover and do not support this fool, but I'm sure most of you have heard by now that Michael Vick has been signed by the Philadelphia Eagles. Well Dick's Sporting Goods has refused to sell his jersey. If you agree with this, please contact Dick's Sporting Goods and thank them for not carrying the Vick Jersey. I just called. They are keeping a count of the calls thanking them for not selling the jerseys. Keep it going.

The corporate number is 866-677-4771 ... press "0" for the operator.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I'm an animal lover and do not support this fool, but I'm sure most of you have heard by now that Michael Vick has been signed by the Philadelphia Eagles. Well Dick's Sporting Goods has refused to sell his jersey. If you agree with this, please contact Dick's Sporting Goods and thank them for not carrying the Vick Jersey. I just called. They are keeping a count of the calls thanking them for not selling the jerseys. Keep it going.

The corporate number is 866-677-4771 ... press "0" for the operator.
Do you research that which you 'stand for' or just regurgitate whatever the media tells you to think? If you loved animals you would support his return to the NFL. If you knew what you were talking about you would know why I say that. My guess is that you are clueless based on this post and BTW, I'm done shopping at Dick's thanks to this move.

·
Magic Pro-Troll®
22,861 Posts
Do you research that which you 'stand for' or just regurgitate whatever the media tells you to think? If you loved animals you would support his return to the NFL. If you knew what you were talking about you would know why I say that. My guess is that you are clueless based on this post and BTW, I'm done shopping at Dick's thanks to this move.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
I just called Dicks and told them they were idiots.

·
Registered
887 Posts
listen, i have 3dogs. i guess i look at this a different way though. as much of a scumbag as i think vick is, the fact is that he has paid his debt to society. you cant continue to hold a person down after they pay for their crime. if you dont allow a person to rejoin society so that they can make a living and support their family then the chances are they will go back to crime.

we dont have to like criminals but we do have to treat them with a certain amount of fairness. the judicial system said that he owed us a certain amount of time for his crime. he gave that time. now he is free and needs the ability to earn money the only way he knows how legally.

·
Magic Pro-Troll®
22,861 Posts
This guy kills some dogs and gets a few months in jail...Meanwhile that giants dude shoots him seld and is looking at 2 years..:lmao

Vick shouldn't be back in the NFL....
And if you want to carry a gun outside like you're a cop, you should go through the right procedures to carry.

Period.

Or you go to jail for two years.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
This guy kills some dogs and gets a few months in jail...Meanwhile that giants dude shoots him seld and is looking at 2 years..:lmao

That could have been someone next to him that got shot and killed. I have a dog, and love them, but he served his time, just as the other will. Besides, he hasnt been sentenced, and I doubt he serves a full 2 years.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Also, Vick served more than a "few" months, it was 18. Probably about identical to what Buress will sit.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Do you research that which you 'stand for' or just regurgitate whatever the media tells you to think? If you loved animals you would support his return to the NFL.
Thats the stupidest thing I have ever fucking heard, Why because part of his conditional release is so that he works for P.E.T.A now and goes around and tells kids " don't be a worthless scumbag who tortures animals for your own pleasure, Because if you do you will only be able to make $6 million over the next 2 years. " Yeah he learned his lesson, His interview didn't sound rehearsed at all. That piece of shit sat their saying how he "Learned" all the while thinking I can't believe that these dumb mother fuckers are buying this crap. So Please, please, please tell me how exactly his reinstatement is a good thing. And don't give me that 2nd chance garbage, thats a cop out. If you're so about forgiveness and 2nd chances why don't we just start giving newly released prisoners $10K upon their release so that they too can have a 2nd chance. Why not release child molesters back to their jobs as school teachers, Hey everybody deserves a second chance right? Maybe it's different for me because I help in animal rescue but I seriously respect Stallworth more. At least he owned up for what he did. At least he was the one who called for help knowing damn well his life and career were on the line. Micheal Vick would still be off murdering animals today had he not been caught.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Thats the stupidest thing I have ever fucking heard, Why because part of his conditional release is so that he works for P.E.T.A now and goes around and tells kids " don't be a worthless scumbag who tortures animals for your own pleasure, Because if you do you will only be able to make $6 million over the next 2 years. " Yeah he learned his lesson, His interview didn't sound rehearsed at all. That piece of shit sat their saying how he "Learned" all the while thinking I can't believe that these dumb mother fuckers are buying this crap. So Please, please, please tell me how exactly his reinstatement is a good thing. And don't give me that 2nd chance garbage, thats a cop out. If you're so about forgiveness and 2nd chances why don't we just start giving newly released prisoners $10K upon their release so that they too can have a 2nd chance. Why not release child molesters back to their jobs as school teachers, Hey everybody deserves a second chance right? Maybe it's different for me because I help in animal rescue but I seriously respect Stallworth more. At least he owned up for what he did. At least he was the one who called for help knowing damn well his life and career were on the line. Micheal Vick would still be off murdering animals today had he not been caught.
Why? It's simple if you're able to think for yourself at all which clearly you are having a hard time with and repeat whatever the media tells you to think. Aside from the fact he repaid he debt to society and by letter of the law has already served his sentence (heaven forbid YOU ever make a mistake and people want you hung.. then maybe you will understand) and deserves a second chance at life. Now, if he got out and went back to the same thing then I would be the one calling for the noose. But he hasn't, has he? The fact was that he WAS caught and my guess is he learned a very valuable lesson which you seem so quick to glaze over since you weren't the one sitting in Leavenworth for 2 years while your entire life slipped away knowing that you once had a six figure contract and were now bankrupt and everything you had worked for was gone. On top of that you were now a convicted felon which comes with it's own set of guidelines, laws and restrictions. You also were going to be vilified by 10% of the population who had nothing better to do with their time than hate. Or how about the fact that new laws are now on the books and new training and special task force divisions have been introduced all to help fight this horrible crime and the amount of felony charges/prosecutions since Vick's arrest has skyrocketed and for the first time the underground dog fighting world has been severely crippled. Yeah, all of that means nothing to you.... right?

In that case let's take a look at how YOU and YOUR cause can benefit from him being allowed to continue in the NFL since you can't think about anyone else's struggles. Forced or not Vick is now working hand in hand with PETA and has endorsements from the ASPCA so this means that, like it or not, he's the new face of these causes which you seem to support whole heartedly. You don't really seem to understand what's going on beneath the surface and the media doesn't do any real investigative journalism these days so allow me to explain it to you: What is better for the spokesperson of an organization? World wide fame or complete and utter failure? When he goes to school assemblies or does commercials what will kids listen to and learn from more, an NFL star or some washed up has been that people will forget in a few years? Seems to me that, regardless of what happened in the past, the best thing for all parties involved moving forward is to support him and it would seem to me that you should be pulling for the guy, not harboring some sort of archaic bitter hatred towards him. Wishing for his failure will NOT help your cause and I laugh at people too simple to understand how that actually hurts what you're so desperate to support.

Seriously people, open your eyes and try to see the world for what it really is. Your passion is commendable, just misplaced.

·
Registered
949 Posts

Like someone else said-it was more than a few months. On top of that he actually got a stiffer sentence than someone would have gotten for being a convicted felon. Comparing him and Plaxico is like comparing apples to oranges. The 2 crimes are different. Sure Plaxico hurt only himself. But what if someone else got hurt? Would you rather have Vick sit at home, unable to find a decent job and resort to crime just to survive? We all have jobs/careers. If we went to jail of course our employer would fire us. His did. Vick is no longer with the Falcons. At the same time all of us would have the opportunity to find employment in our respective careers. Which Vick also has. Just because he has a job that can pay millions doesnt change anything. He is afforded the same right as all of us.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Why? It's simple if you're able to think for yourself at all which clearly you are having a hard time with and repeat whatever the media tells you to think.
Uh Huh When Did I say anything that the media has told me, As I see it most of the Media is toting the Micheal Vick story: feel good story of the year
Aside from the fact he repaid he debt to society and by letter of the law has already served his sentence (heaven forbid YOU ever make a mistake and people want you hung.. then maybe you will understand) and deserves a second chance at life.
Again don't give me this second chance Bull shit. Now who's regurgitating what the media is feeding him. If your so into second chances why don't you tell me how you would feel if a sex offender moved in next door to you. I bet you would be over their with cookies in hand welcoming him to the neighborhood. Sure I agree with a second chance at life he should be allowed to work his construction job until he can't do it anymore. Not make millions playing a game
Now, if he got out and went back to the same thing then I would be the one calling for the noose. But he hasn't, has he? The fact was that he WAS caught and my guess is he learned a very valuable lesson which you seem so quick to glaze over since you weren't the one sitting in Leavenworth for 2 years while your entire life slipped away knowing that you once had a six figure contract and were now bankrupt and everything you had worked for was gone. On top of that you were now a convicted felon which comes with it's own set of guidelines, laws and restrictions. You also were going to be vilified by 10% of the population who had nothing better to do with their time than hate. Or how about the fact that new laws are now on the books and new training and special task force divisions have been introduced all to help fight this horrible crime and the amount of felony charges/prosecutions since Vick's arrest has skyrocketed and for the first time the underground dog fighting world has been severely crippled. Yeah, all of that means nothing to you.... right?
Crippled Really? Who told you that because they are lying to your face. They rings are just getting smarter. They have a web cam a ref and two handlers doesn't sound crippling to me it sounds like they are just getting smarter by not drawing attention with a crowd.

Forced or not Vick is now working hand in hand with PETA and has endorsements from the ASPCA so this means that, like it or not, he's the new face of these causes which you seem to support whole heartedly.
Forced is the main word here. He has no interest in what is best for these organizations all he cares about is playing football and making millions. If you had the chance to continue playing a game for a living and making Millions you would support whoever they told you too. And don't give me the high and mighty no I wouldn't for a few Million and the chance to play a game for a living I would represent who ever they told me too as well I'm not holding it against him I just don't think he's the best face.
You don't really seem to understand what's going on beneath the surface and the media doesn't do any real investigative journalism these days so allow me to explain it to you:
Seriously dude give the media shit a fucking rest. I am a photographer and designer, I have worked for many newspapers, I have worked on political campaigns not just one...Many, I know how the media works, and Too continually blame them is stupid and a bit whack jobish true their is shitty reporting out their but I am certainly not a sheep who just believes what I am told. But don't forget he deserves a second chance ( BAAHHHH )
What is better for the spokesperson of an organization? World wide fame or complete and utter failure?
Agreed but It could be someone else not someone who is forced to do it
When he goes to school assemblies or does commercials what will kids listen to and learn from more, an NFL star or some washed up has been that people will forget in a few years?
Yeah I really payed attention to those school assemblies especially the ones about not smoking and drinking because they were bad for me, Oh wait I ended up smoking for 10 years of my life Man if only a sadistic asshole had told me it was a bad idea I might have listened.
Seems to me that, regardless of what happened in the past, the best thing for all parties involved moving forward is to support him and it would seem to me that you should be pulling for the guy, not harboring some sort of archaic bitter hatred towards him. Wishing for his failure will NOT help your cause and I laugh at people too simple to understand how that actually hurts what you're so desperate to support.
Really you're calling me simple, thats your comeback I understand that in your little brain what you just said probably made some sort of sense. Hell I'm willing to bet that It even sounded like rocky in their while you talk. ay yo da best ting ta do ist root da guyz on becauze yous know we all wantz a secon chances if wez fucked up. Simply put, Putting that asshole back out on the field and toting your nonsense filled belief that he is reformed is what is simple. Now I know your a mod and I will probably be banned for this but seriously dude I find your belief systems to ass backwards and fucked up. You're total lack of compassion for decency is disturbing. And to have to revert to name calling seriously speaks for your mental capacity I really wonder how you would react if this was your dog. This was a English Bulldog recently rescued from a dog fighting operation. This dog was somebody's pet that was stolen by dog fighters to be used as a training dog. Now these assholes were to stupid to know that an english bulldog is a bad Mother fucker when provoked so after a few times that there pits were getting hurt trying to attack the bulldog these sadistic assholes bashed in her teeth with a hammer. Also they cut off one of her eye lids, she was rescued by a group that I work with and is doing as good as can be expected. But seriously if your a pet owner I don't know how you can look at things like this and not just die inside. This bulldog is sweet and loving and somebody stole her from her family and tied her up with the intent of torturing her and Killing her for sport. Don't think for one Second Micheal Vick didn't commit atrocities like this to innocent animals that were scared and just wanted to be loved

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
You actually started the name calling with your very first post. I guess I just thought that's how you wanted to handle things.

I read your post and all I really take from it is hatred because of the amount of money he could stand to make. Seems pretty childish to me.

My primary point was the fact that a famous Vick is better than a hated Vick when it comes to bettering the cause of animal rights. Glad you agree with that.

And lastly the 'ultra PETA tactic' is to show a picture of a tragic animal case to tug on the heart strings of the sympathetic in hopes that they will believe everything you say and support your cause w/o examining both sides is weak. While my heart goes out to the dog (and no, that's not just blowing smoke because I have donated more of my time to local shelters and vets than I care to recount here to somehow better my position in a stupid argument) I don't see how posting that picture gives your stance more credibility. In fact, the more pictures you post of abused dogs seems to support my primary point. (see paragraph just above this one again for primary point in case you forgot) We need tougher laws and more awareness of this and publicly tarring and feathering Vick now will not accomplish either of these.

Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I'm going to ban you for disagreeing. As long as it's civil everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As long as you agree to stop the personal attacks I'm good with it too.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You actually started the name calling with your very first post. I guess I just thought that's how you wanted to handle things.

I read your post and all I really take from it is hatred because of the amount of money he could stand to make. Seems pretty childish to me.

My primary point was the fact that a famous Vick is better than a hated Vick when it comes to bettering the cause of animal rights. Glad you agree with that.

And lastly the 'ultra PETA tactic' is to show a picture of a tragic animal case to tug on the heart strings of the sympathetic in hopes that they will believe everything you say and support your cause w/o examining both sides is weak. While my heart goes out to the dog (and no, that's not just blowing smoke because I have donated more of my time to local shelters and vets than I care to recount here to somehow better my position in a stupid argument) I don't see how posting that picture gives your stance more credibility. In fact, the more pictures you post of abused dogs seems to support my primary point. (see paragraph just above this one again for primary point in case you forgot) We need tougher laws and more awareness of this and publicly tarring and feathering Vick now will not accomplish either of these.

Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I'm going to ban you for disagreeing. As long as it's civil everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As long as you agree to stop the personal attacks I'm good with it too.
I don't work with P.E.T.A, I work with rescues. I am committed to helping animals that are abused find loving homes. The point of the picture (also That really is a dog with my rescue at the moment I'm not just putting up pics to tug heart strings ) is to show that these dog fighters are sick an sadistic human beings, Vick is no different, If your going to root the guy on at least see what he has done. And What other side of the story, What exactly does that mean. Like the dog fighters have a good argument for their side. I'm done arguing with you, If you really have donated your time to shelters in my eyes you are a good person, but it makes me wonder just how you could have done that and support Vick getting a 2nd chance to play football. In my experience with animal rescue I have seen some awful, awful things that I can't forgive anyone who would commit these acts. Christ Pete Rose is banned from Baseball and all he did was gamble.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts