Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!! can\'t get starter clutch cover off!!!

aaaargh!!, I'm trying to get the cover off on the starter so I can turn the motor over. Its the one you use the big hex key on right in the middle of the starter cover. It was super tight so I put a bar on the end of the hex key and tried that....I had to stop cos the hole was starting to round. WTF! how tight is this thing supposed to be on? The threads don't go backwards on this or something do they?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
Re: HELP!! can\'t get starter clutch cover off!!!

dOOd i just went through my sevice manual, and it dosent show shit for that cover...all work done in and around that area, they show pulling the whole cover...if you started rounding the thing, it may be fecked...and you may have used a inch allen wrench.....anyway, pull the cover and rotate the engine..they also shows you needing a spaner wrench to do it...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

will the whole cover come off without the smaller cover coming off first? I tried that but it seemed stuck.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts

itll come off, remove the 5 bolts on the top part..then remove the starter idle gear and shaft, then remove the starter clutch cover bolts(3 ea.)..then pull the smaller gear then you can spin the engine..

make sure you have metric wrenches..these bolts are 5mm.

id use new gaskets too...

·
Banned
16,404 Posts

i can fax you the page covering this if you need it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts