Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone advise me on what town on the course would be best to stay in to view the NW 200 on May 13th 2006? Some other questions:

1. Is the race only that one day? should I get there a few days before to watch practices?

2. Is it possible to get around the track the day of the race? Is the track open to traffic for short periods of time between classes?

3. Best city to fly into? Belfast? I'm thinking of Shannon so I can have a nice drive and see some more of Ireland, I've only seen south of Shannon. Too far to drive?

cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi there,

I'm from Longford (south Ireland) if you are planning on a drive fly to shannon, its not that far and its a nice spin, will be heading up on the bike myself this year (again:).

It is a weekend affair so get there a couple of days before.

The circuit is open to the public ( with speed restrictions etc...) each morning during the races and is closed off before the races / practice starts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

I'm from Longford (south Ireland) if you are planning on a drive fly to shannon, its not that far and its a nice spin, will be heading up on the bike myself this year (again:).

It is a weekend affair so get there a couple of days before.

The circuit is open to the public ( with speed restrictions etc...) each morning during the races and is closed off before the races / practice starts
thanks for the reply. If I pull off this trip, maybe we can hoist a pint together. Any suggestions on what town to stay in? (Best hotel rates and best party atmosphere after the races)

So you must see the Athea (sp?) races too huh? Hopefully someday I'll get there. Too many races, not enough money.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah I head to most of the road races around Ireland. The Walderstown races are the closest to me.

Hotels etc.. not sure. I got to Derry to a mates house an crash out on his floor

PM me if you make it over and I'll arrange to meet.

J.

·
Registered
147 Posts
has to be srad750 from biker????

Ian, if ye do make it over let us know and we'll definitely hook up for a pint somewhere!
I'd be the same as srad, make it to most if not all the road races that do be on over here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well J.
I see you're on gixxerjunkies as well. Bit of a forum whore aren't ya

says me! lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah just didnt recognise the user name Bino. Yes I am a forum whore. Have to check out all the duff info you give me on the other forums some where

laters.
J.

·
Registered
147 Posts
cheeky fecker!
you coming for this spin on saturday morning for the free brekkie????

·
Registered
55 Posts
cheeky fecker!
you coming for this spin on saturday morning for the free brekkie????
Since I didn't make the ride out I would feel a bit checky taking the free breakfast from RRD. Trying to hook up with CharlieIRL from biker.ie as he is heading from Athlone ( i'm living in Longford at the moment)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sure if ye can make it do.
He's said in his post that it's open to all and that all are welcome, probably heading on a rideout afterwards as well so it'd good to hook up for that anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts