Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My first helmet was a KBC. Only cost me $100 and I had no problems with it.

I then upgraded to the Shoei RF-1000 and then to the Shoei X-11, both awesome helmets. Very light and very comfortable.

The KBC was a great value though. I still use it as a passenger helmet.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,837 Posts
I have the KBC Racer-1 Laguna. It's the Mladin replica design. They are on sale right now from Brockton Cycle Center for $199.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have a KBC Racer-1 Laguna. I had to send it back to KBC for warranty work (the top vents were coming unglued and the chin strap snap broke) and they gave me a new one. The problem I have with KBC is that they DO NOT have a written warranty. They will fix something only after they receive it and evaluate it for a defect.

While I like my Racer-1 and think it's a great helmet for the money, I will buy an Arai or Shoei next time due to their written warranties and high quality.

Hopefully, the longer KBC is in business, the better they will get.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just picked up the Scorpion helmet line, they are really nice and pretty cheap. Check them out at www.scorpionusa.com, I happen to like them alot better and they are a little cheaper then the Racer 1 KBC. PM me if you guys have any questions about them or pricing!!!

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I have a KBC TK-77
Liked it allot until I bought an Aria
Holy shit what a difference
Worth the money
You can get em off ebay for a fraction of shop costs

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
shoei all the way for me

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got back from Daytona and I can tell you that I tried on @ 30 helmets in the $100 to $350 range and none felt better than the Scorpion. I went doen there pretty sure i was gettingthe KBC-Racer 1, but it felt like crap comopared to teh Scorpion. The Scorpion feels very close to my Arai which I paid $600 for. I got a hard case helmet bag, a gold anaodized shield and the kevlar helmet for $275. The face shile dswap outs without even taking the helmet off...its sweet. I'm real happy with it so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts