Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know a place to pick up a new helmet for a good price. i looked on ebay but i was curious if anyone could give a better price. i did a search through the forums and didnt really find what i was looking for.
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
check the group buy forum, ebay, google, site sponsors, etc, etc, etc. "helmet" is a pretty general item. might help if you do some research and narrow down what make/model you want.

and please don't ask "what's the best helmet" without doing a search.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Unless Arai has changed in the past year, you can not buy an Arai off the internet because they insist you have a "professional" fit you for one.

In other words, they get to sell their lids to dealers at a significantly higher price than the other brands in return for a promise not to allow liquidation on the internet. The only Arai helmets you will find on the web are old-new stock.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Sopfu said:
Unless Arai has changed in the past year, you can not buy an Arai off the internet because they insist you have a "professional" fit you for one.

Arai has changed in the past year.

·
Registered
12,817 Posts
Sopfu said:

In other words, they get to sell their lids to dealers at a significantly higher price than the other brands in return for a promise not to allow liquidation on the internet. The only Arai helmets you will find on the web are old-new stock.
www.helmetshop.com is a registered Arai e-dealer and you can purchase their helmets online.

This verbage was taken from the Arai return policy on their site:

And remember, only dealers listed on our dealer locator and displaying this registered logo are authorized to sell Arai helmets via the internet, as they have agreed to Arai’s policies, most importantly the “no return shipping or return fee exchange” extra effort to get you properly fitted.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
ive had a lot of diff helmets over the years and i can tell you aria is one of the best if not the best, ive had 4 diff arais and only reason i replaced them was newer model or crashes at the track... its expensive but you get what you pay for... if your looking for a cheap helmet keep in mind, fit, road noise and quality... helmetharbor.com sells helmets but i highly suggest you try it on first... good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.