Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you change the visor on a shoei ? I bought mine with tinted visor, now i'm cursed to day driving only . . .

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
What shoei model do you have? I'm not sure if they're the same for all models or not.

If it's the RF-1000, just lift the visor up, pull down on the little tab after the visor is up(where it mounts on the side of the helmet) and it should release/pop out. Pull down on the tab for the other side and it's off. Install in reverse order. Hopefully I explained it easy enough to understand.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Yeah. Where it's tinted, you probably can't see the tabs and how it works. Only thing I'd add to the description is to make sure it's fully open before trying to release the handles. The system is the same for most all the Shoei's, back to at least the RF700.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bye the way...when installing new shield, picture the visor being fully open...thats where ya want it to "click in" while pulling side tabs down. Hope this helps

·
Registered
705 Posts
Bye the way...when installing new shield, picture the visor being fully open...thats where ya want it to "click in" while pulling side tabs down. Hope this helps
You guys pull the side tabs down when installing the shield??? Just line it up and push it down,done

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
You guys pull the side tabs down when installing the shield??? Just line it up and push it down,done
I just use the tabs to release it.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
You don't need to pull the tabs down when installing it, but you can. I usually do, don't know why, I guess just out of habit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts