Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets start a helmet review thread here. Helmets are our most important peice of safety gear. As a shop owner it's important to me to sell my customers a high quality helmet and I like to back that up with peoples opinions on it. I have my personal opinions on most of them but also like to hear from you guys. So post up what you ride and what you like/dislike about it. If you have crashed one lets hear about that too!

I currently wear a Shoei RF1100 Warlord so I'll start there and then go over a few others.

Retail price $499

Fit: Standard fit. I wear a large in about everything and the Shoei Large fit like a glove. I have an oval head and the shell shape is perfect. The liner is very comfortable with no pressure points. Wicks sweat away very well and easy to remove to clean. The eyeport is very large and there is no vision blocked. The upper part is more open than most helmets and gives you better vision in a tuck.

Graphics: Good graphics, high quality paint.

Venting: WOW! Best venting helmet I have owned. The top vents work very well and even at 40mph you can feel the air moving over your head. The front vent moves a ton of air over your face as well. I was really suprised at the amount of air moving in the helmet. If you have never worn a helmet that vents extremely well it's a huge difference. Comparing it to my Scorpions... on a scale of 1 - 10 with Shoei being a 10, the Scorpion is a 2. Yes it's that good.

Overall: The helmet is very light. The spoiler design lifts the helmet at speed so it feels even lighter. Buffeting is minmal. It's average for noise with all of the vents open. Closed it'sa very quiet. The visors are extremely good quality and there is zero distortion. Shiled removal is easy and fast and the helmet also features a visor lock. Helmet comes with a removeable breath guard and chin curtain.

Overall 9 out of 10

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a gloss black HJC cl-15, it has one thing over all of the other helmets i've tried- it sort of fits. my head is enormous and apparently weirdly shaped. even the hjc leaves a nasty forehead mark after a ride. it's noisy of course so i wear plugs or cotton balls. i had a shoei rf-800 several years back that saved me from a case of the not livings, would have gotten another but the 1000's don't seem to fit right like the 800 did. in general i don't like helmets except they keep me from being hit in the face by bugs and debris and occasionally fulfill their intended purpose.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I ride with a Shark S650. Not the best helmet, but VERY lightweight and once it forms your head, very very comfortable. It's a little noisy. Comes with an easy visor switching push button release lol. Not bad for the money. Mine is the same as below with the tinted visor and everything. $100 friggen bucks for a tinted visor btw!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
And, and if you ask me, the dude on the helmet looks like Scarface's right hand man Manny. I don't know, that's just me.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
SHOEI RF1000 Picotte
I got a medium but think I should be wearing a small.
Venting is great, good visibility, I have a blue mirror, dark smoke, clear visors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own 1 Storm Full-Face Helmet

Why I love it?

1. UV protected visor
  2. AOT Approved ultra-lightweight and durable alloy shell
  3. 3-level top ventilation control and 5-position ventilation channel
  4. Heavily cushioned and comfortable interior, that is also removable and washable

I have written a detailed compilation of the best helmets from top brands that you may want to give a read.

Also, I always advise wearing a full-face helmet. SAFETY FIRST!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts