Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does everyone listen to while riding??? i need either something i can put my favorite songs on OFF MY CD"S (not have to download from a site) and posibally something that gets radio too but not a must! I just need something to listen to, and not pay the price of an ipod! ideas?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
!!!

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
I just have a semi-cheap MP3 player with 256MB. No need for expensive iPods, MP3 players cost from around 50$ here. 256MB is enough for 50-60 songs at good quality and adding and removing songs is just a matter of plugging it into a USB port, Windows treats it like any removable drive. And Windows Media Player or Real Player can convert CDs to MP3 easily.

It has an FM radio too. I got a set of aftermarket earphones for it that double as ear plugs - they have soft silicone buds that go all the way in your ear.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool! thanks for the input... knoledgeable! not sourcastic!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do they sell a splitter so my passenger can listen too???

·
Registered
91 Posts
i use the Xm roady 2, slight mod needed for power; otherwise it just sits in the tank bag w/headphones to my helmet all good

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pics???

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
do they sell a splitter so my passenger can listen too???
Just pick one up at any radio store. Standard 3.5mm headphone jacks on next to all MP3 players - even the iPods

·
Registered
888 Posts
isnt it important to be able to hear things??? i wouldnt know cause iam just geting into riding...but this idea has come into my head now and then. Then i thought no way i have to be able to hear the shit around me or i might die!!

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
isnt it important to be able to hear things??? i wouldnt know cause iam just geting into riding...but this idea has come into my head now and then. Then i thought no way i have to be able to hear the shit around me or i might die!!
Depends on where you ride and how much traffic there is. I don't use the MP3 player if I ride in urban areas (which isn't very often) but as soon as you get up in speed, say 40-50 mph, you can't hear shit anyway... But wait until you gain some more experience, don't need more things to distract you.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
who??? ive been riding 3 years and im riding an 1100 right now not a 650 or 600! i am experienced....or was you refering to someone else?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i use a mini disc. they dont skip, hold as much as a cd, battery life is awesome, built in radio, swap disc's real easy. what more could you ask for

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
or was you refering to someone else?
Look at the post right above mine...

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
...and BTW, I fo feel a little offended here...
I've ridden some 3 times as long as you and have both a 600 and a 650... You're using engine size as a gauge to how long people have ridden?

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
ive been riding 3 years and im riding an 1100 right now not a 650 or 600! i am experienced....
first of all, 3 years?
damn thats a long time

and like sv said. engine size to measure your riding ability?
you are an idiot..

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
i use a mini disc. they dont skip, hold as much as a cd, battery life is awesome, built in radio, swap disc's real easy. what more could you ask for

Not being outdated

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lmmfao...i was useing the engine size meaning i was experienced, not that i was the worlds greatest rider! lmmfao what a tool! how experienced do you need to be to listen to a radio while riding?? assholes! quick to jump someone's shit!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.