Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
i'm in the market for a new helmet but can't remember it we recieve the same helmet models as Europe or America?

i'm looking at another Shoei or Arai can you help me?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry if i didn't make myself clear guys.

Because i don't ahve time to go to the local shop to check out the helmets myself. i've just been using the internet to look but as usual all the sites don't have link for Australia.

I'm not planning to purchase one from o/s but use the sites are a reference (pics and stuff) as some model we dont get here in aus.
i dont trust sales over the net either

anyone know anything about 2007 helmet models?

Tech: i previously have own/ed
shark - rs2
shoei - rf900
shoei - rf 1000 diabolic 2
shark - rsr2 fujiwarra (spelling)

what are your experiences on the
arai helmets
shoei

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Dark_blue said:
what are your experiences on the
arai helmets
shoei
I've had the top of the line of both brands at some point in time.

Arai are the most comfy, but Shoei are the quietest when it comes to wind noise. If you do a lot of track days, or like to give it a bit on the road, you are better off hearing what is going on with the bike, so a Shoei would be better. If you like to cruise around, or do long distance, proberlly the Arai.

This is only my opinion. It really comes down to personal choice.

Tech.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tech Doctor said:
I've had the top of the line of both brands at some point in time.

Arai are the most comfy, but Shoei are the quietest when it comes to wind noise. If you do a lot of track days, or like to give it a bit on the road, you are better off hearing what is going on with the bike, so a Shoei would be better. If you like to cruise around, or do long distance, proberlly the Arai.

This is only my opinion. It really comes down to personal choice.

Tech.

Thanks guys,
I think i'll stick to what i know best are the Shoei helmets. Maybe it's the whole Arai colour scheme that i don't like.
Well with the new exhaust i'd prefer something more quieter then confort.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just bought my first Arai after 10 years of top-of-the-line AGVs. Its only a Condor Astro which is kind of the entry level Arai, but the comfort is amazing. Its like sticking your head in a great big vagina.

Not the quietest helmet, but not too noisy either. If you ride with ear plugs like I usually do you'll hardly notice the difference.

Highly recommended.

It looks better in the flesh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.