Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the site but not to the mighty Gsxr. I am picking up my fifth Gsxr on Friday and can not wait.

I currently also have an L3 1000 and have previously owned a 600 SRAD, a K1 Thou, K4 Thou and was also lucky enough to own a K5 Thou for a while.

Love the site, I will be sure to ask many questions and contribute where I can :)

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the site but not to the mighty Gsxr. I am picking up my fifth Gsxr on Friday and can not wait.

I currently also have an L3 1000 and have previously owned a 600 SRAD, a K1 Thou, K4 Thou and was also lucky enough to own a K5 Thou for a while.

Love the site, I will be sure to ask many questions and contribute where I can :)

View attachment 575422
That rubber mark on the curb is the apex. Just have to lift your knee above it. 😁 ✊

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And before anyone says it’s a pic off Bikesales yes I know it is. I haven’t taken one for myself yet but this is the one I just bought.

·
Registered
2000 GSX-R750 - 2005 Katana 600
3 Posts
5th GSXR wow! I'm on my first! This is my 4th year with it though. Been thinking about a 1k within the next couple of seasons. Or wait until the motor gives out on the 750 and do the 1k swap :) Especially since I just moved from the Icy chill of Northern NY to the more reasonable climates of north east VA. I love seeing bikes out on the road Nov-Mar! Not common up north and damned if I ever saw one in January or February up there.

Reactions: philwoods

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That’s the beauty of living in Australia. Pretty much 2 months a year cold. The rest of the year it’s game on :) go for a thousand next mate. They are awesome. This new one is incredible!!

·
Registered
‘06 GSXR 750, with Lorry lights
69 Posts
thanks very much :) some might say I missed the apex. I didn’t though :)
Yeah that looks like where a car Apex is maybe, but you look like you are setting up for a late apex to exit the corner straight. Biggest difference in my riding I think I ever made was to wait longer to turn in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts