Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member---looking forward to learning more about my air cooled motor on my Bandit, while I look for an 86-87 Gixxer to add to all the space that I don't have at home! I'm hoping someone can tell me what I have hear...just bought these carbs, they haven't been sent yet but I have a picture---they are supposed to be off an 86 or 87 GSXR...I got them for my Bandit. What are they? Are they any good? Will they help my power out at all (current dyno 124.6 hp and 83.8 torque with jetted, stock carbs)??
I don't know how to post the picture (I don't have a website to post it on), but I could email it to any resident carb experts.
Any info at all will be greatly appreciated!
(It is updated Norton scanned and virus-free). Please email me at
null[email protected] or tell me how to post the picture...
TIA,
Maxbandit

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: maxbandit ]

·
Registered
805 Posts
Maxbandit,

Here is the picture of your carbs.

I do not know for sure what carbs they are. Is there a # stamped on the side of them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have them in front of me---it's a long story, but any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, Cherry for posting the pic!
maxbandit

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
i'm fairly certain that those are the 31mm carbs.....i don't remember the 34's having those oblong openings at the top of the bellmouths.

at any rate, i highly doubt they'd help your bandit 12 any.

the 31's didn't work too well on the 86 750 - they'd probably end up choking your bandit.

[ 09-20-2001: Message edited by: jeff ]

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
my first guess would be the 31mm's from the (u.s.) '86 750.

a picture of the carbs viewing the bellmouths straight on would help a lot (the 31mm carbs have tiny, deep bellmouths).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts