Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
GSXR 1000 K6
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

a couple of weeks ago I got an offer from one of my customers.
He has a K6 1000 that he converted to a streetfighter after a slide some years ago. He wanted to buy some stuff from my warehouse and offered me to exchange his bike for the products.
K6 with 43000 miles on it /70000 km
Normaly I don鈥檛 do trades but as I have raced with a K1 about 10 years ago I just could not say no for old time sake 馃槉.
Just to give you an idea, retail price of the products $1550,00. So a pretty good deal I think 馃槑.
By the end of this week the bike should arrive so I can start with a major maintenance on the bike.
Also planning for trying to fit my forged OZ RSV mille/Tuono wheels, but need to get some measurements first.

some pics of the bike.
Tire Motorcycle Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Motorcycle

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
Welcome. It doesn't look that bad but please bring it back to its original look. Did the PO make those air scoops? What is the headlight from? It must have been quite a slide as it looks like all original bodywork is gone. The screws attaching the front fender were originally bright zinc. Did he black them out?

Could you take a closeup pic of the warning label on the left frame rail and post it here? I think it's a label about not altering the frame.

Registered
GSXR 1000 K6
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. It doesn't look that bad but please bring it back to its original look. Did the PO make those air scoops? What is the headlight from? It must have been quite a slide as it looks like all original bodywork is gone. The screws attaching the front fender were originally bright zinc. Did he black them out?

Could you take a closeup pic of the warning label on the left frame rail and post it here? I think it's a label about not altering the frame.
I have to check when the bike is here this week.

Registered
GSXR 1000 K6
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the bike yesterday delivered in my warehouse.

This is the story so far:
about 5 years ago he had a slide after avoiding a car that turned in front of him.
The insurance company did not pay enough money out to get the bike fixed with original fairings so after talking to S&S (his local repair shop) they did the street fighter conversion.
Tail piece is from a CBR600, headlight he does not recall anymore.
He is going to bring all the original parts also so I can still decide to return it original if I want.

The frame itself I did a quick check-up nothing to see from damage.
There are just 2 holes drilled extra to secure the seat.

All in the bike is in pretty decent condition (for a bike with 77000 km's and 16y old).

First things first now: (its winter time here now so perfect timing :))
replaced the lead acid battery with a JMT Li-Ion battery I still had lying around.
Reversing the shift pattern to 1 up and the rest down (GP shifting) because I always used this since 2010 on all my bike's)
Replacing the fluids and filters.
Also considering replacing the sprockets and chain for a 520 set. (not sure what tooth count to get)

Premium Member

1 - 9 of 9 Posts